PDA

View Full Version : Okw ?? [Old Key West room keys needed for pool]

3Princesses1Prince
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Do we need everyone's KTTW cards at the main pool like we do for SAB? I'm thinking one will do, but I'm not sure......

GusMan
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Chances are, you will not need to show your KTTW cards at all.

The reason it is done at SAB is because it is so easy to just walk right into the pool area from the walkway. OKW being "self-contained" does not really have that problem.

3Princesses1Prince
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Chances are, you will not need to show your KTTW cards at all.

The reason it is done at SAB is because it is so easy to just walk right into the pool area from the walkway. OKW being "self-contained" does not really have that problem.

Thanks. That's what I thought but didn't want to get caught off-guard once we are there. We have a friend visiting with us mid-stay and I've been told by a BC front desk CM that the new system makes it difficult to add him to our "reservation" after check in, but we can add him as a "guest". Basically he can have a room key, but no KTTW (which means no SAB at BCV, so we're having him come during our 2nd week at OKW instead). Of course another system upgrade may fix the issue between now and September......or make it worse! :eek:

Drince88
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm REALLY curious how a room key will look different from a KTTW card.

GusMan
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm REALLY curious how a room key will look different from a KTTW card.
As far as I know, they wouldn't "look" different. However, when we stayed at the BCV last summer, one CM did show us the code on the card that indicated that we were guests at that resort. A room key may not have charging privileges as well.

3P1P - As for your friend visiting, not really sure why they would need a room key anyway. Is he staying the night with you during his stay?

3Princesses1Prince
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
As far as I know, they wouldn't "look" different. However, when we stayed at the BCV last summer, one CM did show us the code on the card that indicated that we were guests at that resort. A room key may not have charging privileges as well.

3P1P - As for your friend visiting, not really sure why they would need a room key anyway. Is he staying the night with you during his stay?

Yes. He'll be staying a couple of nights. He lives in Georgia and is driving down to see us. We'd put him on the reservation but we won't know for sure when (or even if) he'll make it down, plus we'll be on the DDP. I wonder if the key will work for EMHs?