PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

mikala
05-07-2003, 06:29 PM
During our trip last month we wanted to eat at RBJK, but since we were with others, who didn't like the menu, we skipped it. Are me missing anything? I am open to anything, and love the environment, my husband is as well.

Normal restaurants we frequent are:

ESPN Zone
Rainforest Cafe
Blue Bayou
RRPP
Rancho Del Zocalo
Hooke's Pointe

Anything we should check out? Thanks.

Not Afraid
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Bread pudding, Beignets, Catfish, Snapper, Jazz Band, Bananas Foster, Jambalaya, Coffee with Chicory....all yummy.

mousketeer
05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Ralph Brennan's is one of my favorites at Downtown Disney.

MegaDuck
05-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Food there is very good. Ralph Brennan restaurants are very famous with Ralph Brennan starting in the French Quarter in New Orleans. He has carried on the tradition of great cuisine to Downtown Disney.

The desserts there are great too! Even if you don't eat there, its a great place to relax, have a little snack, before you move on to the next attraction.

Oh yeah, one last comment. If you order a Mint Julip and the Jazz Kitchen, its nothing like the one Mickey makes. :)

justagrrl
05-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by MegaDuck

Oh yeah, one last comment. If you order a Mint Julip and the Jazz Kitchen, its nothing like the one Mickey makes. :)

Oh yeah? I've never had either but have been meaning to try one. How are they different? Which one is better?

hbquikcomjamesl
05-08-2003, 07:53 AM
A real mint julep is an amber-colored drink made out of bourbon whiskey that's had mint leaves soaking in it overnight, sweetened with a sugar syrup, and poured over ice.

The "mint juleps" served within Disneyland are, as I understand it, green mint-flavored sodas.

KarenW2
05-08-2003, 10:36 AM
MY DH likes RBJK the best of the themed-type restaurants. He's even eaten there alone, when I was at a meeting in Villa Park & he dropped me off at it, so he could spend some time at DLR, while waiting for me to get done. The upstairs dining rooms are very nice and remind me a lot of the main dining room at Club 33.

As to the Mint Juleps they serve there, they pack a wallop!! Very heavy duty in the alcohol department! In fact, the first time he went there alone, they asked if he was staying at the resort or driving home, because they're told to warn customers & steer them away from ordering them, if they AREN'T staying there & are driving home! I tasted it and it's nothing like the park version!

We especially enjoy their Bananas Foster, flambeed tableside.

Morrigoon
05-08-2003, 11:14 AM
I'd rather it be a Commander's Palace myself (another Brennan's restaurant), but it's nice.

CarlieB
05-08-2003, 12:54 PM
I love eating here:-) It's especially nice up on the balcony looking over DTD. They make some great pre-dinner drinks, and the Gumbo is fantastic. Also, if you can fit it in, the Bananas Foster is a wonderful dessert - they prepare it tableside, so it's entertaining as well!

jrad32
05-08-2003, 01:40 PM
We'll have to try this one next time. We're not very big fans of the big chain restaurants in DTD (ESPN Zone, House of Blues, Rain Forest), but the Jazz Kitchen sounds pretty good.