PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

Winca
08-09-2001, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone,

Was thinking about Tokyo Disney Seas, and busy picking my jaw up off the floor from today's pictures. And it sort of gave me something to think about... look at this:

DCA:
1 Day pass (Adult)- $43

Tokyo Disney Seas:
1 Day pass (Adult)- $44.42

Now, admittedly, the prices do not reflect the current Southern California Discount, and it does take into effect the strong dollar. (Not to mention the thousands of dollars for air travel, lodging, and chopstick lessons).

But if you look real close... wouldn't you rather pay an extra $1.42 for the quality you see in Tokyo Disney Seas?

And conversely, do you consider yourself saving $1.42 by going to a "slightly" lesser Disney theme park?

Hmmm.....

Sincerely,
William

PS: Many thanks to Ralph (Dave) for his monster calculations in getting the ticket prices in US Dollars!

PPS: Thank you for the warm reception from all of you here in Mousepad... it's great to see a forum where people can disagree in a friendly manner rather than try to toss each other off of a cliff.

FantasmicFan82
08-09-2001, 12:44 PM
I'd pay the extra buck forty-two.

cstephens
08-09-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Winca
But if you look real close... wouldn't you rather pay an extra $1.42 for the quality you see in Tokyo Disney Seas?

If they were in the same location, I might. Dunno. Haven't paid much attention to Disney Seas and won't until I'm actually going.

But I don't think it should be as easily dismissed that getting to DCA and getting to Disney Seas are two entirely different propositions.

Napsto
08-09-2001, 01:01 PM
how expensive is that to japanese people?

Winca
08-09-2001, 01:53 PM
Tom Sawyer,

Considering how much more expensive things are there, (like beef, and general electronics, and items), and the higher pay and longer hours the japanese tend to work, it seems like it isn't as expensive to the Japanese as it does to us.

Or, you could chalk the higher prices to the fact that the Japanese mantra is to save, and spend in spree-type styles, rather than spending at a constant burn-through rate.

Did that make any sense? I hope so... it's somewhat confusing, I know.

Sincerely,
Will

PS: If I'm wrong, any economics/sociology majors are welcome to contribute!