PDA

View Full Version : Old Disneyland CM apparel or souvenir?

MetalliKitty
05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
My father recently moved in with us and I was going through his bags of clothing.
I found an item, and I am curious if anyone would have any idea what year it was from, etc.

Here is the description:

Red and black (with a tiny bit of light grey) plaid, single breasted woolen suit jacket.
Unlined except for upper back section.
Two patch pockets at bottom front, one chest pocket on left front. Detailed pewter-look buttons, cross-hatched, with (clockwise) a crown, a thistle, a canoe and a turtle.
Also, some sort of characters around the edge that look like Oriental letters, but ???

By Pendleton with tag that says:

'Warranted to be a "Pendleton"
Trademark reg. US Pat. Off.
Pendleton Woolen Mills
Portland, Oregon
100% Virgin Wool'

Secondary tag below reads:
'Pendleton Woolen Mills
(small embroidered castle) Disneyland (park logo script, large size, embroidered in gold)
Walt Disney Productions
Frontierland Exhibit'

This jacket is in excellent shape, no moth holes, stains, dirt or discoloration apparent.
It looks like a men's size medium.
My father says someone must have given it to him but he has no recollection of who or when.

Info, please!
:confused: :)

GrowupDisney
05-07-2003, 10:44 AM
hmmm ... it sounds like something Scottish to me. But I can't think of anything Scottish at Disneyland.

Grandbreaker
05-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Maybe an early guest relations costume ???

Morrigoon
05-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Odd... sounds very Wally Boag or Art Linkletter...

PhilMP
05-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmm...the GR costume has remained unchanged since Walt designed it. And I don't think there would be Oriental characters on the costume, it'd be more of the calligraphic "D" that they have on the brass pins they wear.

Phil

MetalliKitty
05-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Well I just looked very closely at the mysterious marks and I rescind the Oriental guess - on further inspection they appear to be the zodiac symbols. or something similar.

Not that that will help, but...?

AVP
05-07-2003, 02:29 PM
There was a Pendleton store in Frontierland. You can read about what became of it in this All About Merchandise (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer031601.htm) column.

AVP

rexfarms
05-07-2003, 02:32 PM
I suggest that you upload a pic on here. It will be easier for us to tell you what it is and how much it may be worth. :)

Tigertail777
05-07-2003, 03:16 PM
to guesses: one it could have been part of a store display in the pendleton woolen mills store, my mom thinks she recalls that there used to be a kind of static mannequin figure exhibit in the store showing how the wool was made and the history of the mill. OR I have read that at one time there was a temporary display on Tom Sawyer island for Davy Crocket and I beleive woolen mills as well.

MetalliKitty
05-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Well I will get a picture as soon as I can.
Actually in doing a Google search I found a work history page of a lady professor, who actually WORKED at the Pendleton exhibit back in the very early days- with an email link! So I emailed her, describing the item and being as polite and well-written as possible in my query for info.

BTW where or who exactly would I upload the picture to??

rexfarms
05-07-2003, 10:21 PM
When you post you click the IMG button right above where you type. Then it says put in a webaddress and it will show the pic. :D :fez:

MetalliKitty
05-07-2003, 10:42 PM
but what if I do not have a web address to link to, to view my pictures at?:(

rexfarms
05-07-2003, 10:45 PM
e-mail them to me at rexfarms@yahoo.com and sometime tomorrow around 9PM I will upload them. If you can find somebody to do it faster, thats fine. :fez: