PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at its worst

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dean Higgins
05-07-2003, 08:42 AM
We discuss what we like in DISNEYLAND so much... but what do you not like at DISNEYLAND?

What are the worst attractions?

What are the ugliest parts of the park?

What's the worst food?

GeminiAngel
05-07-2003, 08:49 AM
We always disscuss the bad parts as well as the good. So, I'm not really following this thread? :confused:

Toady The Eighth
05-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Isn't that what we mostly discuss anyway?;)

Worst attractions:
Innoventions (attraction, my butt)
Astro Orbitor
HISTA (although it's good the first time)

Ugly??? Disneyland Ugly???? I don't really have an answer for that, I like it all. If I had to answer, I guess I'd say Tomorrowland (but T-Land looks so cool at night!)

Worst Food? Hands down (and I will get clobbered for this) The Blue Bayou. I don't like the food there and I don't think it's worth the $$!!:eek:

.... I'm going to hide in a corner now...

Christiii
05-07-2003, 09:02 AM
the worst part of Disneyland is closing time!!!!

scaeagles
05-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Worst attractions:
Innoventions
autopia
Casey jr circus train

Worst food:
Unlike Toady, I like to food at BB, but the cost/benefit ration is not good. Food is, though.
Place in Fantasyland - is it Gepetto's? EVERYTHING there is aweful.

Ugliest place:
Facade of Small World. If I see those stupid figures that come out every 15 minutes one more time I'll puke! It was cool when it was once a day. Though the shrubs are nice, the building is hideous.

tod
05-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by scaeagles
If I see those stupid figures that come out [of "it's a small world"] every 15 minutes one more time I'll puke! It was cool when it was once a day.

Once a day? When was that?

--T
thinking there was a malfunction one day and that's what scaeagles is talking about

Baggins
05-07-2003, 09:15 AM

Sorry, HISTA? (My poor brain can't figure it out).

Innoventions is such a waste of space:crying: I want America Sings back!

Toady The Eighth
05-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Honey I Shrunk The Audience :)

scaeagles
05-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by tod
Once a day? When was that?

--T
thinking there was a malfunction one day and that's what scaeagles is talking about

Perhaps i am remembering incorrectly, but back in the 80's when I was in HS and hung out there a lot in the summer, they only did it at 12:00 noon. It could be that I am not recalling it properly, my subconscious taking over and with mercy blocking seeing it so often from my mind.

Baggins
05-07-2003, 09:18 AM
:p Oh, yeah. That one's pretty close to the top of my list, too.

GrowupDisney
05-07-2003, 09:29 AM
This is an easy one ... The Lines! ;)

GrowupDisney
05-07-2003, 09:36 AM
What are the worst attractions? I really hate Mickey's House. I don't like the idea of standing in this huge long line to see Mickey at the end. I much preferred feeling lucky if we happened to see Mickey somewhere walking around the park. Mickey's House somehow cheapens it for me.

What are the ugliest parts of the park? Hmmm ... I can't think of an ugly part of the park. The entire park is kept up so well, I just can't think of a part that's ugly. Each land holds something for me.

What's the worst food? I don't like the food in Tomorrowland. Don't know why. I've never eaten at the Blue Bayou ... we could never get reservations. I think I'll make reservations ahead of time for when we go at the end of this month.

uberfrau
05-07-2003, 09:55 AM
oh boy... worst attraction:
-Goofy's Bounce House (because I can't go in!)
-Chip and Dale's Treehouse
-and of course, innoventions!

Worst food:
the pasta at the Plaza Inn! Is that the place by the hub?

Ugliest place:
I can't think of one, except to say whereever the construction walls are up!

Dean Higgins
05-07-2003, 10:09 AM
I hate it when I walk in the main entrance with the simple intention of getting to New Orleans Square or Frontierland and there is a parade going on.

At first I think "hey, that's cool. All these people watching this lame parade means that many less in line for the attractions... I'll just work my way through the backs of the connecting Main Street stores and out into Adventureland. But then I realize "oh my God, there's that last float coming through with Mickey sitting on that weird gold thing"(it looks like a pile of gilded doggy @@##)... and then the ensuing flood of frenzied feet and strollers just comes and beats me down beyond recognition.

mickhyperion
05-07-2003, 10:12 AM
...those stupid figures that come out every 15 minutes... It was cool when it was once a day.

It has always been every 15 minutes. It's a big clock! It shows the time after those "stupid figures" come out.

Dean Higgins
05-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I don't mind SMALL WORLD'S facade/figures etc... but can you imagine what an absolute beating it must be to work in those big metal white towers with the umbrellas on top? Not only do they have to hear that song and all those clockwork noises all day, but they also have to give that same spiel to every boatload of guests that dis-embarks. They need to have one of those pre-recorded spiels (a'la PIRATES and BIG THUNDER) or at least relieve them of that part of the misery.

timl33
05-07-2003, 12:58 PM
I remember the figures coming out every hour, but the clock coming out every 15 minutes. So, IIRC, it hasn't always been every 15 minutes for the figures.

Originally posted by mickhyperion
It has always been every 15 minutes. It's a big clock! It shows the time after those "stupid figures" come out.

Dawnie
05-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
the worst part of Disneyland is closing time!!!!

Love it...great spin!

Pat-n-Eil
05-07-2003, 01:16 PM
scaeagles wrote:

Worst attractions:
Innoventions
autopia
Casey jr circus train

Though I personally find no thrill in autopia, my kids just love it - and they always want to even though one is now 15 and the other is 12! The lines indicate that my kids aren't the only ones. I think adults see no real attraction to it, but kids love it. If you're taking kids for the first time, I wouldn't have it on my "worst" list.

teri
05-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Worst possible experience at Disneyland - the crush of Fantasmic crowds, if you have special needs family members or disabilities. Horrible.:(

scaeagles
05-07-2003, 01:35 PM
I guess I have to agree with autopia.....my 3 year old son (who we are taking for his 4th bday in July) would do it all day long. You can take that off my list. I guess I really dislike how incredibly corporate it is - Chevron stuff everywhere you look!

DisneyFan25863
05-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Worst attractions:
Innoventions
that NASA thingy
(I know I'm gonna get yelled at for this, but....) Splash Mountain

Worst Area:
By far the "new" (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al050503b.htm) Adventureland:rolleyes:

Worst Restraunt:
Club Buzz (Even the name stinks)

Toady The Eighth
05-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Worst attractions:

(I know I'm gonna get yelled at for this, but....) Splash Mountain

:eek: <collective gasp> Hush falls over the room and people start screaming "Are you CRAZY???????!!!!!:eek:

:p

mad4mky
05-07-2003, 02:53 PM
I guess I have to agree with autopia.....my 3 year old son (who we are taking for his 4th bday in July) would do it all day long. You can take that off my list. I guess I really dislike how incredibly corporate it is - Chevron stuff everywhere you look!

I have to say...it is 100% times better than WDW's Autopia. That one was soooo boring. A big round race track...whoopeee....

I am not an Autopia fan...I go just for my girls. But hey, if I got to ride on it...I'd rather do DL's any day over Magic Kingdom's at WDW.:(

DisneyFan25863
05-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
:eek: <collective gasp> Hush falls over the room and people start screaming "Are you CRAZY???????!!!!!:eek:

:p

Its the drop. I don't like drops.