PDA

View Full Version : DVC Hilton Head

osprey6
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
We visit Hilton Head every year to stay at my MIL's time share (it's free!) in Shipyard Plantation. Our daughter is very much a Disney fan, and we were wondering if it might be possible to just eat lunch at DVC, or failing that, to just have a walk around the place.

I know it's not nearly the same character experience, but it might at least be a nice gesture if we can't make it to a park anytime soon.

Thanks in advance.

GusMan
02-02-2011, 04:11 AM
I dont see any reason why you could not make arrangements to dine there and look around as well. Never been there, but I dont think it would be that "exclusive" to not allow non-guests a chance to spend money at the resort. :)

Someone can correct me if otherwise.

Toocherie
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I dont see any reason why you could not make arrangements to dine there and look around as well. Never been there, but I dont think it would be that "exclusive" to not allow non-guests a chance to spend money at the resort. :)

Someone can correct me if otherwise.

I've never had an issue visiting the DVC resorts I don't own at. It's to Disney's benefit to let you look around (who knows, you may like it enough to buy!)

I would just tell the guard at the gate that you either (i) have an ADR at the restaurant (assuming you do!) or (ii) that you want to look around the resort because you're staying elsewhere and thinking about staying there sometime. Like GusMan said--Disney doesn't turn away money.

I would not, however, use the facilities while there such as the pools. That would be pushing it.

gojoe
02-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Hilton Head doesn't have any full service restaurants. We stopped by this past November, there isn't a guard at the gate. We buzzed the office and asked if it would be OK to tour the resort. She let us in but you can only go to a few places without a room key (pool is out). Have fun.

thepoohguy
02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
We also looked around and ate at a quick service place. We were actually a little disappointed in that it didn't seem very "Disney" there when you walked around... :crying: