PDA

View Full Version : Elimination of Swing Bands.. [Rumor] [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

cvcgolf
01-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Word is out that Disney is eliminating the swing bands that perform on Saturday nights at the Carnation stage area. No more music, no more dancers, no more men proposing to girlfriends on stage, no more fun. Should all be gone after summer.

They may use the area for Princesses to stand around for people to gawk at them. Gee, can't wait..

Malcon10t
01-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I've read this rumor on another Disney board, that a CM told someone this. A Princess meet and greet doesn't fit with the theming of Main St. Also, this ranks up there with the CMs telling visitors that Space Mountain was getting a loop....

cvcgolf
01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
This is not a rumor. It's a done deal. Someone added "rumor" to the heading. Just letting you know what's happening. If you file a complaint now then maybe the music and all the fun can be saved. Otherwise kiss it all goodbye..

BlkPearlCptn
01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
This is not a rumor. It's a done deal. Someone added "rumor" to the heading. Just letting you know what's happening. If you file a complaint now then maybe the music and all the fun can be saved. Otherwise kiss it all goodbye..

Are you a CM? How do you know this isn't a rumor? It doesn't make sense as the Princesses already have their own meet and greet area.

Malcon10t
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
It is a rumor until announced by Disney. I know one of the regular bands that play the Gardens, and they have no knowledge of this yet. I would not be surprised to see the Gardens go into a major refurb in the fall though. Doesn't mean the bands will go away permanently.

In addition to the dance bands, this area is used for the Disney Youth Programs OnStage (formerly known as Magic Music Days.) Since they are taking applications and booking for all of 2011, I don't think they would eliminate the stage for this.

[Rumor] may be added to threads whose information cannot be verified.

olegc
01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
[Rumor] may be added to threads whose information cannot be verified.

thank you!

cstephens
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
This is not a rumor. It's a done deal.

With all due respect, I don't believe anything until I've heard it from a reliable source, and random CM at the park is not a reliable source for me.

codewoman
01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
I do hope it's just a rumor! I love to go watch the swing dancers. I can do some swing, but not at the level of most of those folks. Some day, I dreamt I might actually be able to dance there! :fez:

Malcon10t
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
OK, Feb 19th we MAY be at the park. Stompy Jones will be playing. I am wondering if I can talk Heir into coming down, then he and MDM can dance away. Or maybe we should invite DOD (Dear Old Dad) to come along to dance.... Interestingly, the older kids learned to swing and line dance, not so much pop and lock.... (And don't let MDM fool you, she and Heir are good.)

(Am I hearing something about a million dollars in the background...)

cstephens
01-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I am wondering if I can talk Heir into coming down, then he and MDM can dance away.

Ooooo, that would be fun to watch. And maybe someone needs help babysitting? :)

Malcon10t
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Ooooo, that would be fun to watch. And maybe someone needs help babysitting? :)Can you imagine if that happened???? I can feel the glare from here. Someone (not MY someone) would not be happy about a baby in Anaheim and not in the desert....

Drince88
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
SOMEONE knows how to drive a car. I'm just sayin'!

CMHusband
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
r u m o r .

Malcon10t
01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
SOMEONE knows how to drive a car. I'm just sayin'!If we are discussing the same someone, she will be in the desert that weekend.

mkraemer
02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
With all due respect, I don't believe anything until I've heard it from a reliable source, and random CM at the park is not a reliable source for me.

Me either. And sometimes, I think that Disney ought to clamp down on some of the stuff that CMs tell guests because the information is just so wrong and it misinforms people (who think that the info is good because a CM told them so). I wonder if some of them do it as a game...

A couple weeks ago, I had a CM very decidedly tell me about upcoming Disney Cruise Line itineraries, including Hawaii, in no uncertain terms [which, I want to emphasize, is NOT what I'm broadcasting here so don't misquote me!]. Uh huh. Nice ideas, for sure, but until I hear it from DCL, it's firmly filed in the Rumor Basket.

Same thing goes for the parks...

And fwiw, we LOVE the swing bands at Disneyland; it's one of the special things that makes the park so wonderful.

Pluto2001
02-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Is there in validity to this rumor?
Disney is planning on tearing down Plaza Gardens and putting in a "Princess" or "Character Meet 'n Greet" Area.:eek:

I don’t like rumors, especially this one. My wife and I were planning on being there on July 9th for our anniversary to swing dance the night away, so hearing this made me a little furious.:mad: Whats the scoop?? True or not true??

Malcon10t
02-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Is there in validity to this rumor?
Disney is planning on tearing down Plaza Gardens and putting in a "Princess" or "Character Meet 'n Greet" Area.:eek:

I don’t like rumors, especially this one. My wife and I were planning on being there on July 9th for our anniversary to swing dance the night away, so hearing this made me a little furious.:mad: Whats the scoop?? True or not true??No one we spoke with has been able to validate it.

A "princess meet and greet" wouldn't fit in with the theme of turn of the century America Main St. I doubt there is any truth to it.

potzbie
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
See the 2011 thread by cvcgolf, "Elimination of big bands [rumor]".

adriennek
02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Ooooo, that would be fun to watch. And maybe someone needs help babysitting? :)

Can you imagine if that happened???? I can feel the glare from here. Someone (not MY someone) would not be happy about a baby in Anaheim and not in the desert....

APPARENTLY I am a bit belated in coming here to give SOMEONE the evil eye. Good thing that I didn't miss any babysitting opportunities.

That is all.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
APPARENTLY I am a bit belated in coming here to give SOMEONE the evil eye. Good thing that I didn't miss any babysitting opportunities.

That is all.

AdrienneThey almost joined us. Then Heir gets a little ticked because I said I would love to have him and baby come along. "But, it was just going to be me...." I was trying to decide if we would even post if they joined us...

adriennek
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
They almost joined us. Then Heir gets a little ticked because I said I would love to have him and baby come along. "But, it was just going to be me...." I was trying to decide if we would even post if they joined us...

Not if you knew what was good for you. ;) :p

Although, I DID get to hold a 6-mo/old and put him to sleep.

Adrienne

gibson510
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
This is not a rumor. It's a done deal

Done deal!? Who's your source on that?? Until it's in some form of official Disney press release, it's a rumor.

A "princess meet and greet" wouldn't fit in with the theme of turn of the century America Main St. I doubt there is any truth to it.

Agreed

I hope the don't do away with the swing bands. I love that area. I think a Fall refurb would be great. As long as they bring them back!

Pluto2001
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
After putting up my last thread I starting to do some digging and found this on a Facebook page which is called, "Carnation Plaza Swing Band Schedule"
Apparently he has already asked this question and has received a response back from Disney. Below was copied and pasted, from that page (no editing).
Everything copied is between the brackets, "{ }"

{{{Response from Disney
by Carnation Plaza Swing Band Schedule on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 7:49am

I am posting this response from Disney completely unedited:
THE STAGE AND DANCING WILL REMAIN...AS OF NOW...THE REST OF THE AREA WILL BE A DISNEY PRINCESS LOCATION...I'M JUST GUESSING, BUT I S'POSE THERE MAY BE A SMALL CONSTRUCTION PERIOD, BUT NO WORD ON THAT YET...I'LL LET YOU KNOW EVERYTHING I HEAR.
Now my editorial comments:
I find it disturbing that the response says "As of now". Which leads me to believe that he knows or guesses more than he is telling.
Where are they going to put a "Disney princess location"? Some of you may recall that years ago there was a Character
meet and greet location before the remodeling of the area. As it is now, unless they take out all of those tables over by the wall leading to the castle, there is no room. If that is the plan, that means more kids passing through the area, which probably means more kids running around on the dance floor.}}}

adriennek
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I am posting this response from Disney completely unedited:
THE STAGE AND DANCING WILL REMAIN...AS OF NOW...THE REST OF THE AREA WILL BE A DISNEY PRINCESS LOCATION...I'M JUST GUESSING, BUT I S'POSE THERE MAY BE A SMALL CONSTRUCTION PERIOD, BUT NO WORD ON THAT YET...I'LL LET YOU KNOW EVERYTHING I HEAR.

uhm. 1 - it's in all caps and 2 - "I'm just guessing"???

Since when does a Disney communication use a colloquialism like "I'm just guessing"??

I'm just guessing but I don't think that's an unedited response from Disney.

Adrienne

bennette
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm just guessing but I don't think that's an unedited response from Disney.

You s'pose?