PDA

View Full Version : Military Park Hoppers

cookie7762
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Do the 5 day military park hoppers have magic mornings? Here's hopin'!

Iceman
01-31-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm going to be picking some of these up for visiting family later this week, and I'll see what I can find out. But my understanding is that Magic Mornings is for on-site Disney hotel guests, right? So if you're staying at the GC, DLH, or PP it doesn't matter what ticket media you use to get in the park. And if you're not, it doesn't matter what ticket media as you wouldn't be eligible for Magic Mornings.

Drince88
01-31-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm going to be picking some of these up for visiting family later this week, and I'll see what I can find out. But my understanding is that Magic Mornings is for on-site Disney hotel guests, right? So if you're staying at the GC, DLH, or PP it doesn't matter what ticket media you use to get in the park. And if you're not, it doesn't matter what ticket media as you wouldn't be eligible for Magic Mornings.

This last part is not correct. Onsite guests can take advantage of Magic Mornings every morning it's offered, but offsite guests DO get to take advantage once if they purchase a 3 day or more park hopper ticket.

I don't know if the Military tickets include this extra or not.

Malcon10t
01-31-2011, 08:58 AM
This last part is not correct. Onsite guests can take advantage of Magic Mornings every morning it's offered, but offsite guests DO get to take advantage once if they purchase a 3 day or more park hopper ticket.

I don't know if the Military tickets include this extra or not.In the past, it hasn't included it, however, someone did post last summer theirs did include MM. So, it is wait and see.

DwarfPlanet
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
According to the Peterson AFB, CO ITT (ticket office) this does not include Magic Mornings or Evenings. If you are staying on property that will get you the Magic Mornings. Included below is from their site for the tickets.

WALT DISNEY WORLD & DISNEYLAND MILITARY SALUTE 2010-11
24 OCTOBER 2010 THRU 28 SEPTEMBER 2011

DISNEYLAND
3 DAY PARK HOPPER $99.00
Blackout dates: December 24, 2010 to January 1, 2011; February 18 to 21, 2011; April 17 to 23, 2011; July 1 to 4, 2011.

WALT DISNEY WORLD
4 DAY PARK HOPPER $138.00
4 DAY BASE/WATER PARK $138.00
4 DAY HOPPER/WATER PARK $165.00
Blackout dates: December 27 to 31, 2010 and April 17 to 23, 2011 at all Disney World Theme Parks; and July 4, 2011 at the Magic Kingdom.

During the offer period tickets may be purchased by “Eligible Service Members” (or their spouse, but not both), for their family and friends. Tickets are limited to 6 per “Eligible Service Member”.
“Eligible Service Member” defined: Active or retired members of the U.S. Military, including activated members of the National Guard and Reservists as well as active or retired members of the U.S. Coast Guard. ONLY!

All tickets are exchange certificates and will need to be exchange/activated at the Main Entrance theme park ticket window (no later than Sept 25, 2011 for Disneyland and no later than Sept 24,2011 for Walt Disney World) in order to be fully used. Valid military identification will be required.

No more than six (6) tickets may be purchased and activated by any Eligible Service Member and/or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person’s spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. No Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase promotional tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person’s spouse) previously purchased promotional tickets (whether at the same military sales outlet or any other military sales outlet or any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Member or his/her spouse.

Each promotional ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Member, spouse, other family members or friends for whom they were purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.

http://www.21fss.com/images/pdf/WaltDisneyWorldpromo.pdf

CMHusband
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Simply stated. Military park hoppers don't include magic mornings.

ogold72
02-01-2011, 04:17 AM
You can get the early entry if you go through Disney Travel to stay at one of the "Good Neighbor" hotels, which are just about all the surrounding hotels.
I plugged in my dates of travel (31 May - 4 Jun) and "Morning Madness" is given to to DLR Hotels and Good Neighbor Hotels.

One question I have is whether Magic Morning and Morning Madness are different in that the rides wont be open for Morning Madness? can anyone verify this?

Drince88
02-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Magic Morning is getting into the park one hour early (on days that start with T or S) and includes many Fantasyland attractions, plus a couple of others (Buzz and Space often, but don't quote me on that).

Morning Madness is for Toon Town - and you get into Toon Town when the park opens (it usually opens an hour later) and is supposedly a great meet & greet opportunity.

MammaSilva
02-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Toon town madness is held in Toontown and is a 'hard ticket' event...meaning when you buy the package from WDTC you'll get coupons for each person you have on the package ages 3 and up. With the exception of Saturday the MTTM and MM aren't held on the same days so you really don't get a full hour 'early' into Toon town unless you do both on Saturday and head over to the gates at about 10 minutes prior to park opening. Once you're inside the Toontown attractions are open and there is a small 'show' where the Mayor of Toontown comes out and awards one family honorary status for the day and the characters come out for meet and greets. The lines are about the same as they are out in Main Street Square so you don't really save a lot of time in that respect but if you're looking for someone like Donald Duck specifically it's a good way to get photo ops with him. It's cute and we've done it multiple times but I wouldn't plan my entire trip around it.

ogold72
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the great responses. I am curious now, the reservations pages say one is allowed entry into Morning Madness, but doesnt mention Magic Mornings (for both DLH and Good Neighbor). Is Magic Morning just so automatic that it isnt advertised?

Mouseketeer1955
02-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Is the military park hopper available to retired and veterans as well as active duty military ?

MammaSilva
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
The military hoppers are available to anyone who has a valid military ID, be it active duty, active reserve or retired. Military veterans who have completed their contract but are not retirees normally do not qualify for Disney military tickets.

SigalTchelet
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
The military hoppers are available to anyone who has a valid military ID, be it active duty, active reserve or retired. Military veterans who have completed their contract but are not retirees normally do not qualify for Disney military tickets.

My Bff's dad is retired military. Could we use a park hopper he purchases, if he is not going to the park with us? Might be handy if we go to WDW in the fall.

Mouseketeer1955
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM

So they won't accept a DD214 as proof of service ? My wife and I are both Army vets.

MammaSilva
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
My Bff's dad is retired military. Could we use a park hopper he purchases, if he is not going to the park with us? Might be handy if we go to WDW in the fall.

Not legally. He has to be a part of the group and they do check for military ID often.

So they won't accept a DD214 as proof of service ? My wife and I are both Army vets.

First let me say Thank you for your service but unfortunately no, only active duty or retirees are eligible. If you don't currently carry a valid Military ID for access to the services such as the Ticket office you're not eligible to use the military discount tickets.

ogold72
02-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Are you still in the IRR? If so, you may be able to get onto an installation and get to the ticket and tours office.

SigalTchelet
02-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Not legally. He has to be a part of the group and they do check for military ID often.

Thanks. But it is handy to know if he wants to go with us some time. I will let him know.

DwarfPlanet
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Here's the link again to the Peterson AFB ITT office promo for the tickets.

http://www.21fss.com/images/pdf/WaltDisneyWorldpromo.pdf