PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass question

shila
05-06-2003, 02:16 PM
hello everyone,

So I have a second day left on my ticket to attend DCA which I plan to do tomorrow but I am thinkin about gettin and Annual Pass for DL. I have never bought one before so I'm a little confused on what to do.

Is it possible to upgrade my ticket to get an annual pass or do I have to purchase the AP at full price?

Also I know there are a few options when it comes to the APs but if I get the cheapest one, which has the most black out days, then do I get a coupon book or any sort or and tickets to DCA?

And everyone always talks about park hopping with thier Passes is this feature included with APs or just some?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tabacco
05-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Okay, let' see....

Yep, you can upgrade. Just go to a ticket booth and tell them that's what you want to do. You'll need your ticket with you, of course.

You don't get coupon books with the Annual Passes, but they *do* include discounts at certain dining locations, which you get just by flashing your pass when you pay for your meal. The Socal AP doesn't come with too many discounts. The ones I remember are the Plaza Pavilion and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port at Aisneyland and Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA. There may be one or two more, but I can't remember them offhand. You won't get any tickets for friends, etc., although the resort has been known to offer AP bring-a-friend discounts from time to time. No promises there, though.

And lastly, all APs can park-hop regardless of what type, as long as they're not blocked out on the day you come. If your pass *is* blocked out, you can buy a $25 blockout day ticket that will get you into both parks for the day.

Mukta
05-06-2003, 02:22 PM
All annual passes are good for both DL and DCA.
There are three kinds:
Premium - includes parking and has no blockout dates
Deluxe - you can add parking and it has some blockout dates
SoCal - it has a lot of block out dates but is only $105

That's all I know

shila
05-06-2003, 02:34 PM
thanks for the info :)

SO I've deicded on the so cal AP, it works for me and the price definetly works for me too ;)

I've been searching online and wasn't able to locate information on the ticket to AP upgrade. Anyone have any idea what the cost is, is it still 105 or is it cheaper since I have a ticket in hand?

Also what do you guys do for parking? Where would I find the parking packages available and how much are they?

Darkbeer
05-06-2003, 03:46 PM
shila, you get credit for the $47 you paid for the ticket, so the SoCal will only cost $58. One point, your AP will expire one year from the FIRST day you used the 2-day ticket.

You can add parking, it is $40 additional.

shila
05-06-2003, 09:37 PM
awesome, thanks for the info...

looks like I'll be an AP holder as of tomorrow

MonorailMan
05-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by shila
looks like I'll be an AP holder as of tomorrow

Dang, beat me by 5 days. ;)

shila
05-06-2003, 09:42 PM
haha, but you're getting a premium pass so I should be more jealous..

:(

MonorailMan
05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by shila
haha, but you're getting a premium pass so I should be more jealous..

But any AP is better than no AP at all. :D :fez:

shila
05-06-2003, 10:29 PM
AGREED!!

:)

mikala
05-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi Shila,

One point-when we upgraded our passes to annuals, they started the one year point from the day we took our pics and paid the difference for the upgrade. Not from the date we last used our regular hoppers. Either way, an annual is a beautiful thing.

Have fun.

Darkbeer
05-06-2003, 11:27 PM
mikala, you are a lucky person. The CM is SUPPOSED to manually change the expiration date in the computer before printing the pass, but sometimes they forget (you are not the first). I posted what the rules state is supposed to happen. Now Shila might get lucky, but it would have been wrong to tell her anything else than one year from the original use of the ParkHopper.