PDA

View Full Version : WDW "SAP"

beast77
05-05-2003, 08:57 PM
I am going to WDW for the first time this june with family. One member of my family goes to DL often and needs the SAP (special assistance pass) due to his being unable to stand, or walk for large amounts of time. He also has a tough time with stairs...
Anyway... Does WDW have the same SAP process that DL has? Does it work the same way? And finaly..... Does it drop the line time a bit or provide a place for the old folks to sit while in line?

I dread seeing him in Florida during June, he has a hard time with SoCal weather during the summer.

teri
05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
It really depends on the disability. Basically, you explain your needs to the person at Guest Services, which has a window outside the entrance of each of the parks. They will issue a Guest Assistance Card for the length of your stay. The GAC is a bit different, but works essentially the same. They put a stamp on the GAC that explains the accomodation needed for each guest. It is NOT NOT NOT a Front-of-the-line Pass, but they may allow you to use the FastPass line or an alternate entrance if the lines are long. In most cases, the queues are mainstream queues and are easily accessible. You should be patient, and prepared to wait.

ECVs and wheelchairs are a very good idea for people with serious mobility issues at WDW. There is no point in wearing someone out on their vacation.

You can read about the GAC in the FAQ in my signature line, below.

beast77
05-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Dont mind the wait.... just hope for a place for him to sit while waiting.

Thanks for the info!

teri
05-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately, many attractions don't have a good place to sit while waiting. The CMs at the entrace of the attraction will usually know what is best for your party.

I hope you have a wonderful, restful, magical, happy trip. :)