PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Speil

Mansion101
01-25-2011, 12:02 AM
im going to assume most of you have been on the Haunted Mansion...
i wanna know what is your fav speil that the cast member in the Expanding Room gives ?

Mines usually durring holiday "In order to see how jack has wrecked our hallsm kindly drag your bodies...away from the walls"

lofosho
01-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Except for Holiday, they usually say the same thing when I'm there.

DisVCGeek
01-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I think I like the Holiday version for the stretching room...

Elsewhere, a few times in WDW the cast member on the loading area speedwalk belt said: "Step lively, you're not dead yet!" Do they ever do that @ DL?

leota's necklace
01-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I was under the impression that HM cast members are no longer able to improv spiels. I seem to remember this being discussed several years ago, that DL wanted to guarantee a quality HM experience and thus all CM's were supposed to follow the same spiel guidelines. I remember being disappointed about it then.

My favorite spiel was given by a DLP CM, and it was utter silence. When the doors to the elevator opened, he was standing there waiting for us, and as we filed in, he simply circled around the perimeter of the room, glaring at us under the brim of his top hat and snapping his fingers in a menacing rhythm. It was wonderfully creepy and unsettling.

I do wish some of the HM CM's would improve their delivery. Not many of them have the dramatic flair to pull off even the simplest lines and they just end up sounding like screeching harpies or automatons.

DisVCGeek
01-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Not many of them have the dramatic flair to pull off even the simplest lines and they just end up sounding like screeching harpies or automatons.

Perhaps they are the next generation of free-roaming animatronics and they don't have all the kinks worked out in the voice modules? ;)

potzbie
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Not many of them have the dramatic flair to pull off even the simplest lines and they just end up sounding like screeching harpies or automatons.

Yeah.
Don't you hate it when the Cast Member says, "I'm still getting used to my programming"?
:)

DisVCGeek
02-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I just hope in ST:II they pull P30's "Remove before flight" tag/safety pin! :D