PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland to close Critter Country through early March for refurbishment

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
With both Splash Mountain and the Hungry Bear Restaurant closed for refurbishment, Disneyland has decided to close the rest of Critter Country starting Wednesday, January 26. The closure will allow refurbishments that were originally scheduled to take place later this year to happen now, while the area's big "E Ticket" attraction is closed. A construction wall will be erected just beyond the Haunted Mansion after Disneyland closes Tuesday night.

The closure will include The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes attractions, along with the Pooh Corner and Briar Patch shops; the Pooh and Friends meet-and-greet area; and all outdoor vending locations.

Critter Country will reopen in March, (probably on March 8 along with the Hungry Bear restaurant), but Splash Mountain will remain closed through May 26.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

THpoohbear
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Any word on if/where Pooh & Friends will be relocated for meet and greets during the closure?

TowerofTerror
01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
well i would ask the castember where they be located the met and greet back in that area during the refurb

AVP
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Any word on if/where Pooh & Friends will be relocated for meet and greets during the closure?I've contacted Disney to ask exactly that question, and I'll let you know what they say. I'm hearing that the closure is partly to allow for construction of a new-and-improved, PhotoPass-friendly environment for the character meet-and-greet.

AVP

ChrisGlass
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
It'd be nice if didn't have to wait through Pooh just to get to Eeyore.

THpoohbear
01-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I've contacted Disney to ask exactly that question, and I'll let you know what they say. I'm hearing that the closure is partly to allow for construction of a new-and-improved, PhotoPass-friendly environment for the character meet-and-greet.

Thank you! And oooooh! I'd love an improved and photopass friendly place for Pooh. Right now there is usually one a photo pass guy at Pooh and no one with the other characters.

AVP

It'd be nice if didn't have to wait through Pooh just to get to Eeyore.

While I do understand your point of view, I think it's great that there is only one line for 2 or three characters. It seems like lately Eeyore isn't there much, anyway. Whatever they do, I hope they don't change the single queue for multiple characters. I wish Disney had more spots like that set up for characters other than fairies or princesses.

Drince88
01-24-2011, 04:17 PM
The closure will include The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
:crying::crying::crying:
Better warn the 3.75 year old and 19 month old I'm going with in February!

I guess that answers the other question I had about if the restroom at the Hungry Bear would be open when the restaurant was closed, since the next nearest one is in New Orleans Square (right?)

MammaSilva
01-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Well since they're blocking the path just at the HM then the available bathroom is there at the edge of NoS near the back exit for the French Market and just before the artist area. After that the next bathrooms are either in the tunnel by Rancho, the adventureland bathrooms across from the Tiki room, the best kept secret ones just at the entrance of the tiki room. The HCA/Family bathroom..then on to Fantasyland bathrooms.

Drince88
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. I usually get lost looking for bathrooms between DL and MK. (especially the one that's by the Splash exit in MK)

olegc
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
What about tigger tails!? What every will I do?!?!:p

Mansion101
01-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Critter Country closed for refurbishment beginning Jan. 26
01/24/2011

With Splash Mountain and the Hungry Bear Restaurant already undergoing refurbishment, the remainder of Critter Country at Disneyland Park will close beginning Jan. 26. Closing the remainder of the land will allow refresh work to take place that was originally scheduled for later in the year.

Locations impacted include Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and character meet & greet, Pooh Corner, Briar Patch, the Fruit Cart and all outdoor vending locations. A construction wall will be placed beginning at the Haunted Mansion exit, and signage will be posted informing guests of the closure.

Cast members may still utilize Critter Country to travel to and from their work location. Please direct guests to alternate locations during the closure. All Critter Country locations will reopen in March with the exception of Splash Mountain, where refurbishment will continue through May.

Cast Member newsletter

SigalTchelet
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I was just about to tell you that there is a thread already started about this by AVP, but they merged you already. I am a little bummed about this. but I am thinking it will be open when we plan to come back in May. I wanted to see the Kittys hanging around. Maybe they will come to NOS or HM.

Mansion101
01-24-2011, 11:40 PM
yeah i should really start looking to see if anyone posted ahead of me... lol im tired lol i spent the whole day in the parks lol

imagineartony
01-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Makes a lot of sense from disneys perspective to close the land. It will be empty to death with out splash mountain, and with the hungry bear closed too, there'll be even fewer people back there. So end the misery of bored pooh cast members and not have them work for a bit ( not sure if true). And then they can just finish off the rest of the area.

DaDuckFan1955
01-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Why does Splash need a refurbishment since it was redone back in early 2007?

ILoveDisney4Ever
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM

This is my question exactly!! We were last at Disneyland in Feb 2007 and Splash was closed then for refurbishment. My daughter, who was 7 then, and I love that ride and were disapppointed that we had to miss it, and figured we would just have to wait and ride it "next time". Well, "next time" is this year in February, and needless to say we are both very disappointed that we have to miss it AGAIN.

DisVCGeek
01-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Sounds to me like DL was jealous of all the stuff happening in DCA and MK having the big Fantasyland Expansion and wanted some BIG construction walls of their own... ;) {Apparently Star Tours wasn't enough!}

Drince88
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
{Apparently Star Tours wasn't enough!}

And Main Street!

DisVCGeek
01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
the adventureland bathrooms across from the Tiki room

Those are the ones I usually use! Kinda' like the ones near TGMR in DHS. Not sure why I developed an affinity for them but they just seem to be the most common ones for me in those parks... :geek: In Epcot it would be the ones under SE, and in MK probably the ones in Tomorrowland where the Skyway used to be. Don't really have common ones in DCA or AK yet, but maybe someday! :cool:

DisVCGeek
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow, I totally missed reading about "Wall Street". :confused: Yowsa!!! Guess I should be glad my next three Disney trips are to the World; MAYBE I'll see less construction... :D

Tan Da Man
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Big mistake having Splash Closed through Spring Break and beginning of Summer... shoulda shut it down back in November

Marsh
01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Big mistake having Splash Closed through Spring Break and beginning of Summer... shoulda shut it down back in November

That would have had splash mountain closed during the Christmas holiday. An even bigger disaster because it would have lowered the number of people that Disneyland could allow to enter. While Spring Break is busy it is normally not as bad as Christmas break.

Tan Da Man
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
true, but id much rather ride it in march or april than december or january

fairestoneofall
01-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I totally understand, but bummer. We had a fabulous time back there last Thursday. It was so nice and quiet. We had the characters to ourselves for quite some time.

SigalTchelet
01-25-2011, 07:04 PM

It was closed for Refurbishment when we were there last May! Do they do it every year?