PDA

View Full Version : Weekend after Memorial Day

GrowupDisney
05-05-2003, 04:52 PM
What kind of crowds can I expect the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend? I will be in SoCal May 29 - June 1 and plan on going to Disneyland one of those days, probably Friday, May 30. Are there still crowds that weekend, normally?
Also, I read that POTC will be closed until May 30. Does that mean it will be closed on May 30 or that it will reopen on May 30?

I grew up in SoCal and consequently went Disneyland fairly often, so I can't wait to go back!!

Thanks!

MegaDuck
05-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Memorial Day usually kicks off the travel season for tourist destinations in general. DLR would be no exception. With schools getting out (at least some of them), expect crowds, especially on the weekend days.

Historically, starting in June, attendance is about 60% higher than in May. Expect wait times around the 1 hour mark for major attractions (maybe more for some rides like Winnie the Pooh).

Lastly, if the closing date is until May 30th. Traditionally, its closed that day as well, and wouldn't open until June 1.

IMHO,

*Quack*

Darkbeer
05-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Also, this is one of the two Soap Opera Weekends at DCA, so that would make DCA busier than normal.

GrowupDisney
05-06-2003, 08:56 AM
How correct is Disneyland's calendar on their web site? I just checked the date calendar section of their website ... according to the calendar POTC is scheduled to be closed on May 29, but it's not listed to be closed on the 30th! Which makes me very happy! Can I trust that?

justagrrl
05-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by GrowupDisney
Can I trust that?

No.