PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Space Mountain

MegaDuck
05-05-2003, 07:55 AM
So we ventured on visiting DLR this past weekend in the soaking rain. The rain nicely cleared out Downtown Disney and Disneyland for us, sending most people running for those blue DLR ponchos.

In any case, while I was driving up to Mickey and Friends parking lot, I got up to the parking booth. On the other side of the booth, there was a family that was getting very upset at the CM. The reason? Well, apparently the CM told the family that Space Mountain would be closed for... a little while. The family was really upset and disappointed they asked for an exit pass out of the parking lot and left.

It seems like most people still don't know. I just hoped that the family did not drive too far... :(

scaeagles
05-05-2003, 08:35 AM
While unfortunate, I have to say that I don't feel too badly for them. Even two minutes of internet research and planning would have alerted them to that. One call could have. Should DL take out billboards to advertise the closure? I don't think so. They have made the information readily available.

lazyboy97O
05-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Yes, on their way to the Disneyland Resort the SMiths were surprised by what they saw. Several miles of highway around Anaheim with Disney reneted billboards. Here is the billboard. (http://jpavg.com/sm.jpg) ;)

Seriously, people need to stay on top of a place they are going. All parks tell you that there is a chance that somehting you want to do will be closed.

YellowMan
05-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MegaDuck
It seems like most people still don't know. I just hoped that the family did not drive too far... I'd venture to say that the large majority of the population doesn't know and won't know for a while, because as was stated earlier, Disney doesn't advertize this stuff. And if the fact that one ride was closed caused them to cancel their trip to Disneyland, then I doubt they drove very far. If they did, well, let's just say they're not the brightest family around.

DisneyFan25863
05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by lazyboy97O
Yes, on their way to the Disneyland Resort the SMiths were surprised by what they saw. Several miles of highway around Anaheim with Disney reneted billboards. Here is the billboard. (http://jpavg.com/sm.jpg) ;)

Lol! :fez:

MegaDuck
05-06-2003, 08:19 AM
The worst part of the story was that this conversation went on for 4 minutes. The guy was debating with the CM about Space Mountain, while I was waiting to get my parking pass (as well as several others who decided to backup and go to other booths).

Seems like there's a lot of families like the Griswold's out there! :D

refurbmike
05-06-2003, 10:19 AM
If Space Mountain is something that will make or break your visit to Disneyland, then you definitely need to take a couple minutes to researchs its availability. I have had people e-mailing me (from my web-site) inquiring about particular rides: "Is it gonna be open on this date or will the refurb be extended?" etc. Even if you're not computer saavy, then you can check out Disneyland.com and get the answers.

kwlundy
05-07-2003, 09:21 AM
They were probably already wanting to leave and just using the Space Mountain closure as an excuse to leave without paying.