PDA

View Full Version : Inner Space Mountain

merlinjones
05-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Now here's a cool notion.

Since they're gonna change the inside of Space Mountain anyway... Why not combine Adventure Through Inner Space with Space Mountain?

Here's how: Expand the SM load into the Honey area. The SM trains go into a new Mighty Microscope (and you can see the tiny, "shrunken" ones coming out the other end of the scope as before). Your train is catapulted into the microscope and begins shrinking as you are injected into a snowflake. The trains are pulled back and down to give you the shrinking feeling as you pass the enlarging snowflakes, particles and such in a series of rooms, finally, you don't dare go on shrinking this way... as there is some sort of major chemical reaction happenning - - but it's too late to bring you back - - you are off line and go careening down into the reaction around a nucleus (the old SM track) past a giant eye looking into the petrie dish from the microscope. Finally, they get you back on line and enlarge you back to normal in a dramatic extraction tunnel.

The Space Mountain ride becomes the big finale to Inner Space. Two classics made one. Cool or what?

Gauchograd99
05-04-2003, 09:03 PM
As long as they don't choose to combine Space Mtn and Honey I Shrunk the Audience to make "Honey I Shrunk Space Mtn"... a new attraction where you ride a coaster the size of Gadget's in the dark to save money on the rebuild. :)

Morrigoon
05-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Hmm.. interesting idea.

Lashbear
05-05-2003, 01:50 AM
I would LOVE that ! Merlinjones needs to be an imagineer ! :D

merlinjones
05-05-2003, 06:48 AM
And, of course, the tense Paul Frees narration would be retained and perfectly set up the big dramatic ride at the end.

Also - - no ATIS hanky panky concerns, since the trains are all open to view.

And what a marketing and publicity opportunity this would be. The most missed classic Disneyland attraction returning - - but merged with many people's favorite DL ride - - with a natural name merge! Beats just a station retheming for incremental additional costs (the synopisised version of the ATIS portion of the ride leading in) and gives you something all new to sell, even though the track layout inside the dome stays the same - - this way no one will mind or say "so what?".

Tigertail777
05-05-2003, 10:43 AM
I kinda like this idea, first because its just plain cool, but also because it frees up Tomorrowland to have another space theme ride later on. And I would love to finally get to see ATIS since I never had the chance to see it growing up (my family always passed it by) especially with cool new special fx, utilizing fiber-optics ,and projections etc. This could be just as awesome as Indy if done right. And the space mtn dome could have all kinds of strange projections "floating" around you that look like h20 compenents as the snowflake is melting, or if you are growing back to size during the "reaction" you could have all kinds of surreal multicolor "crystals" all around you by projecting a breaking down crystal everywhere like they do the star effect now, and having jutting lit up crystals sticking up in between portions of the track, perhaps even putting them on a motor base, so they suddenly "pop" up out of no where the way that iceburgs do. And you could have a all new music piece composed for this part that would work simular to the Dick Dale one, but starting somewhat soft with crystal tinkling sounds, and then have it build to something frantic as the chain reaction gets worse. And to add even more to it, since frees voice is a sort of improsoned recording (he went before you on this journey) during the chain reaction have all kinds of gargled snippets of him saying things that echo like the "MAGNIFICATON" line does earlier on. So it sounds really strange, and sounds like his "recording" is getting broken up due to the reaction, you could even do it in binaural sound so it sounds 3d like mr. lincoln, but without the headphones since the speakers are right by each ear.
They would have to make the ride cars something between an omnimover, and a rollercoaster car, maybe using the ones they have on Dinorama at AK in wdw.

innerSpaceman
05-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Merlinjones, are you on drugs?

If not, maybe you should be.

Really, this time you've gone too far. I mean, sure this is a cool idea (I will applaud almost any creative Inner Space alternative universe), but just how many space cones do you think Disneyland has hanging about?

Tomorrowland needs both an Inner Space and Outer Space attraction.

If you are going to promote the conversation of Space Mountain to Inner Space Mountain, I must insist that you come forward with your idea of an even better Outer Space attraction that our beloved Space Mountain was.

merlinjones
05-05-2003, 12:46 PM
>>If you are going to promote the conversation of Space Mountain to Inner Space Mountain, I must insist that you come forward with your idea of an even better Outer Space attraction that our beloved Space Mountain was.<<

Rocket Jets back up on the platform?

innerSpaceman
05-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Come now, you must be joking!

There may be no bigger fan of the Rocket Jets than I, but a better outer space attraction than Space Mountain? Balderdash!

Rocket Jets may be great ride portending the future all us were waiting for of flying cars, soaring over the forbidden airspace of Disneyland - but even at night, they never provided even the disbelief-suspension impression of outer space. Admittedly, they were not quite flying cars either. What were they?

Come to think of it, they never could get moving walkways working right in Tomorrowland. Our entire Jetsons Future has been denied!

Morrigoon
05-05-2003, 02:21 PM
It's so simple friends... plow down Innoventions and build DLP's space mountain.

One would be INNER space themed, one OUTER space themed, and I honestly dont care which! I've always said the two could coexist!

innerSpaceman
05-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Ding Ding Ding !

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a Winner!

merlinjones
05-05-2003, 05:20 PM
I love the idea of twin Inner and Outer Space Mountains - - the Bullet Bra of the Future!