PDA

View Full Version : Photographers - CM's

PineapplePrincess
05-04-2003, 09:40 AM
I have a question for everyone. You know those CM's that are at various locations within the parks holding cameras and asking to take your picture? Do they get commissions for this? Do they have a quota to fill? Thanks!

cujosr
05-04-2003, 11:21 AM
They actually work for KODAK. No they do not get commisions (unless the ones I knew wouldn't tell me). I don't think they have quotas either (the DCA photographers would be screwed,) but I am sure if you got paid for a whole day and took a total of 3 pictures, you wouldn't be working there for much longer.

ArthurBang
05-04-2003, 12:35 PM
They don't have quotas per se, but they try to get them to finish off a memory card of pics while they're out there. I think each one holds about 50.

PineapplePrincess
05-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks. I always feel so guilty after I say no thanks to the picture when I think that my saying no could mean them not making their rent money.
Another question...do YOU stop and have your picture taken when they ask?

Mary Jo
05-05-2003, 01:54 PM
I've used them when I've been in groups - both times at DCA - and the pictures came out great. We all ended up getting one.

The photographer at DCA made us laugh because she was very exact in her instructions on how we were to stand, etc., but the resulting picture was great, so I think it was worth it. :)

Pirate Girl
05-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Imhere
Another question...do YOU stop and have your picture taken when they ask?

I usually just stop and let them snap one. You don't have to buy a copy and you never know when a photo is going to turn out really cute! Plus then CM's are happy because they didn't get rejected as many times that day (not that one pictures makes that much a difference, but you never know).

Klutch
05-06-2003, 05:53 PM
I bought a picture from DCA. It looked great on the computer screen. Just as I had feared, the printer sucked and produced and pretty choppy print. That was last year. Maybe the printers or the paper have since been upgraded.

Toady The Eighth
05-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Most of the time I just say "No thank you" Occassionally (particularly in DCA) I come across one who doesn't want to take no for an answer. Then I get annoyed.

Occassionally, I have them take my picture. They will also take the same picture with your camera if you ask them to.

DaddyB
05-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cujosr
They actually work for KODAK. No they do not get commisions (unless the ones I knew wouldn't tell me). I don't think they have quotas either (the DCA photographers would be screwed,) but I am sure if you got paid for a whole day and took a total of 3 pictures, you wouldn't be working there for much longer.

While DL photog's work for Kodak, I thought DCA photog's worked for a different company. Spectrum Photography? If my mind remembers correctly?

Of course, Kodak DID just take over the photographic store at DL, so maybe they took over all the photog contracts, too.

anywhoo... wondered if I could type "Photog's" one more time.
yup.