PDA

View Full Version : Snow White witch escaped?

Imaginears
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I was looking at the things we love about DLR and I seriously thought I'd save the cyberspace because I just couldn't stop thinking of things. But I loved reading other people's posts.

But, while I was thinking about it, it reminded me of something missing from when I was a kid that I have to know what happened to. When I was little, I remember a miniature snow white whitch that was first on Main Street and then in the Villians store in Fantasyland. When you touched the key it would come to life and start begging you to let her out of the cage. It was frightening as a child but something I had to do everytime we went. What happed to her? Any ideas?:confused:

Rufus T Firefly
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
A couple of years ago she was in a corner of the Le Bat En Rouge store near Pirates. But she is no longer there.

Goodnplenty
01-14-2011, 08:15 AM
That's amazing. I've never heard of this before. Does anyone know if there's a video of it somewhere?

GnP

Mark Mywords
01-14-2011, 08:55 AM
There's audio of it. I think one of Rick Connant's Disneyland audio retrospective projects includes it. Basically it is the witch begging to be let out, first trying to persuade with promises of reward, but eventually descending into threats.

Andrew
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Here's a decent video of the witch-in-a-box:

7lkcd7_zubw

Tinkermommy
01-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Happy to finally get to see that -- how scary!

But I'm waaaaay more intrigued by the picture in your avatar, Andrew...what did you do?

Andrew
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
But I'm waaaaay more intrigued by the picture in your avatar, Andrew...what did you do?
This (http://warriordash.com/), last October. Signed up for this year (October again).

I always wondered how the witch-in-a-box actually worked. Is there a button pressed by the nearby CM? It didn't seem to be activated by guests in any way.

leota's necklace
01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
This witch was one of my most vivid memories from my first DL trip when I was six or seven.

Mom stooped to get a good look at the witch, and that was bad enough, but then she actually started to turn the key and it was that moment I knew that Mom OBVIOUSLY knew NOTHING about evil witches and we needed to get out of there RIGHT STAT NOW.

I...had a tenuous grasp on reality when I was little. I also remember being startled by the pterodactyl on the DLRR (it appears so close, so fast, and everything behind you is dark and well ANYTHING could jump out at you) and being so scared of Space Mountain that I refused to walk near it in case Dad got ideas to ride it.

The shrunken people in the Mighty Microscope scared me, too.

It was an eventful trip.

Imaginears
01-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the video Andrew! It was fun to see her again. But now this makes me wonder more. Where is she and who's got her locked up now?!!!

jamwilson
01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the video! It was fun to see that again.
~And she is SCARY!~:eek:

potzbie
01-16-2011, 01:41 PM
The shrunken people in the Mighty Microscope scared me, too.

Indeed!
The first time I saw the boarding point of ADVENTURE THU INNER SPACE, and saw that I/we, sitting in our vehicles, would be shrunk down to a height of three inches, I did ponder how they were going to un-shrink me.

"Three inches is such a wretched height to be."
-- Alice

"It is a very good height, indeed!"
-- Caterpillar

bennette
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
This (http://warriordash.com/), last October. Signed up for this year (October again).

Is this why you cut your hair? So it wouldn't catch on fire? :)

Goodnplenty
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you so much for the video. I have never seen the witch. It's a great video. I hope they bring her back so I can see her in person.

GnP
:D