PDA

View Full Version : "Sgt. Preston's" sign (help!)

Gallery 196
05-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Greetings Everyone,

I was hoping for some helpful information from you intensly informed folks. (enough buttering up?)...Several years ago, I was able to purchase (legally) one of the "Sgt. Preston's" signs from the Disneyland Hotel. Sgt. Preston's (for those who may not know), was a bar/show at the hotel, just to the left of the main walkway on the east side of the hotel. Basically next door to the Monorail Cafe.

The sign I have is about 4 feet long, by 1 foot wide. It is carved wood and simply reads "Sgt. Preston's". I believe there were two of them. FIRST question: Does anyone know who has the second one? SECOND question: Does anyone remember where these signs actually hung? Even better does anyone have a photo of them in place? I seem to remember one above the east doors (leading into the enclosed hallway), and maybe one above the door that lead out to the pool area (kinda northwest). I wish I could remember, but then again, most of my visits with "the sergeant" were spent at the bar....lets just leave it at that!!!

As always, any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your help and continued enthusiasm.

Brian

zapppop
05-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a video tape from Sgt. Prestons from 1990.
I'll take a look @ it

Laffite
05-03-2003, 02:48 PM
heh... Sgt. Preston.. that reminds me.....

Nigel2
05-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Hmmmm... is that the place that became the Neon Cactus?

Darkbeer
05-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Yes, that is correct, it was Sgt. Preston's for MANY years (and themed to the radio/TV show) before being re-themed to the Neon Cactus.

Sigh, I have many memories of both places, but Sgt. Preston's has a much more stranglehold on my memories, for many reasons;)

Nigel2
05-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Well then you must not have had that much to drink during that era.:~D

Darkbeer
05-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Alas, do I have to admit ALL my sins... I am not sure when I got my first drink at Sgt. Prestons, it was close to my 21st.... ;)

I remember the Monorail Bar, but never have had a chance to have something "strong" there....

And yes, my name was carved (more than once) into the "trees" at the bar :fez:

And FYI, I never recommend to drink to EXCESS!!!! Enjoy your food and drink, but don't be STUPID!!!!!:mad:

Nigel2
05-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Yes, drinking to excess makes you look too old.:~D

Monorail Bar? Or is that just another name for the Cafe?

Gallery 196
05-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Thank you all...
Zapppop I would appreciate any info you might get from viewing your video, that was very kind of you to offer.

Nigel2 and Darkbeer, I am so glad we could bring back so many "staggering" memories for you.

And for those of you just reading this thread, any information will be welcomed. thanks again everyone.

Brian