PDA

View Full Version : How do you show off DL to a first-timer?!

iAmJacksDLand
05-03-2003, 08:05 AM
I'm good friends with a girl who I recently found out lived on Katella street for a year and yet has never been to DL. She lives in my city now and still has not gone. NEVER.

She is used to parks like Six Flags. (brainwashing)

I was up all night! I can't think of the best itenirary to impress her with the place!

Can anyone help or refer me to other threads?

MammaSilva
05-03-2003, 08:24 AM
If she is a coaster queen... then you need to go about impressing her in a 'different' way.. don't try to compare the rides.. apples and oranges...

focus on what makes Disneyland magical.....take your time ... walk down Main street and savor the atmosphere.. none of the Six Flags parks have any...

Make sure that as you walk down Main Street you hit the hub...then walk across the Draw Bridge, stopping to watch Not Afriads swans....then enter into Fantasyland.....you don't want to try to go 'head to head' coaster rides if you're trying to get her into the 'magic' that is Disneyland....at least not at first......try a couple dark rides (another area Six Flags is sadly lacking!) then head over to Adventureland....do Indy then the Jungle Cruise....if you manage to hit a window for the Aladdin show.. go!

Then head over to PoC....the Haunted.. then Splash....then stroll back and either grab the train or walk over to BTRR....yeah I know you've 'doubled back' but she won't appreciate BTRR till she's been imersed into the magic :)

Have fun, don't drive her nuts with trivia... let her absorb the magic!

Disneyfreak
05-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Very bad timing, Space Mountain is closed, dont even mention it. She will be very disappointed. If it were open in its new state, she would be addicted right away. But you can try screamin if you are going to DCA too.

ESS Heckler
05-04-2003, 11:03 AM
I agree with Mamasilva , you have to show Disneyland for what it is. The only thing you have to be careful of (and your post doesn't say when you're going) is that Pirates is closed for refurbishment right now. What a drag! I think Mama's got a great itinerary. I'd add The Golden Horseshoe - I love the show they've got going there right now.

As a Disney Connosieur, I'm sure you'll be able to point out all the things that make DisneyLand special for you.

(avoid TL)