PDA

View Full Version : ATTN! DCA Detour - The Long Route One Must Travel + A "Hidden" Picture!

aidensdaddy
01-10-2011, 04:40 PM
First off, the hidden picture.

I need to give much thanks to sjhanksaz for posting part of a similar pic on the "Where in DLR? Picture thread." Without it, I wouldn't have known about it and basically found a long lost piece of my childhood.

Anyone remember Max, Melvin, & Buff? The heads from Country Bear Jamboree? Long ago, the Country Bear Jamboree went away and was replaced by Winnie The Pooh, using the pre-existing building. Those at Disney left behind the 3 guys up in the rafters as a homage to the previous occupant. I never knew this until about a week ago when sj posted the pic. So I went on Saturday night to get a peek of them (from the back row, so not easy to see) and instantly got a smile to my face. Because it was like finding a long lost piece of my childhood since I adored the show as a child. And today, I dropped by one last time to snap a pic, and it came out pretty good, from my very own honey pot. For anyone who wants to get a look at these guys (who don't sing, they're merely smiling quietly) here is where you find them. Keep an eye out for the Heffalump room. The moment you exit this room, be prepared to look behind you & above the archway in the rafters. They're right there, but its best to see them if you're sitting in the first or second row of the honey pot. The third row has an overhang and would make it a little difficult to see them. You can, but it would very quick.

Now, onto the main point of this thread. I ventured into DCA today making my way into Paradise Pier to see Toy Story Mania. Due to the 40 minute wait, I didn't ride and kept walking. Only to find an enormous wall under the Screamin Track right where the Mali Boomer used to be, blocking the road towards the swings. I was told by a CM stationed in the path diverting guests back to where they came from that it is closed, and will be so for the next couple of months. So if you're by TS Mania and you want to go to the Mickey's Swings, you will need to back the very long way. So since it is the slow season (all 2 months of it) and I thought I'd pass this info along to anyone planning any trips to the DLR within the next few months.

olegc
01-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Now, onto the main point of this thread. I ventured into DCA today making my way into Paradise Pier to see Toy Story Mania. Due to the 40 minute wait, I didn't ride and kept walking. Only to find an enormous wall under the Screamin Track right where the Mali Boomer used to be, blocking the road towards the swings. I was told by a CM stationed in the path diverting guests back to where they came from that it is closed, and will be so for the next couple of months. So if you're by TS Mania and you want to go to the Mickey's Swings, you will need to back the very long way. So since it is the slow season (all 2 months of it) and I thought I'd pass this info along to anyone planning any trips to the DLR within the next few months.

thanks - it has been a topic of discussions for about a week and a half, and was in yesterday's... er, um, I mean today's MP Disneyland Update.

disneylandgirl
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Anyone remember Max, Melvin, & Buff? The heads from Country Bear Jamboree? Long ago, the Country Bear Jamboree went away and was replaced by Winnie The Pooh, using the pre-existing building. Those at Disney left behind the 3 guys up in the rafters as a homage to the previous occupant. I never knew this until about a week ago when sj posted the pic.

I've seen those guys in there before. :D It's pretty neat.

Disneylandfanguy
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
...it has been a topic of discussions for about a week and a half, and was in yesterday's... er, um, I mean today's MP Disneyland Update.

Heeheehee... :D

aidensdaddy
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
thanks - it has been a topic of discussions for about a week and a half, and was in yesterday's... er, um, I mean today's MP Disneyland Update.

Heeheehee... :D

Ah, heh, I always forget to check those.

I should also mention (unless it was mentioned in the update. I haven't read it yet as of writing this) that it does specify in the DCA maps you obtain at the gates that the area is closed to thru traffic.

Disneylandfanguy
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I should also mention (unless it was mentioned in the update. I haven't read it yet as of writing this) that it does specify in the DCA maps you obtain at the gates that the area is closed to thru traffic.

Very good idea for them to do that.

Oh, and I wasn't laughing at your expense, I was just amused by the fact that olegc slyly pointed out that the DLR update was late being released. :cool: :)

aidensdaddy
01-11-2011, 11:49 PM

Oh, and I wasn't laughing at your expense, I was just amused by the fact that olegc slyly pointed out that the DLR update was late being released. :cool: :)

I know you weren't. No worries. :)

AVP
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM

It wasn't late, it was held so I could include the most recent photos of the construction walls that were moved Sunday night after the park closed.

;)

AVP

disney42dude
01-12-2011, 07:56 AM
It wasn't late, it was held so I could include the most recent photos of the construction walls that were moved Sunday night after the park closed.

;)

AVP

Thanks, AVP! Much appreciated!

Disneylandfanguy
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM

I appreciate the work AVP,

Thanks. :)

aidensdaddy
01-12-2011, 01:00 PM

;)

AVP

Great pictures by the way, AVP. What date did you take them? They look like they were taken this past Monday on the 10th.

olegc
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
do folks really think "I" would begrudge AVP on getting the full story? NEVER!

danyoung
01-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Long ago, the Country Bear Jamboree went away and was replaced by Winnie The Pooh, using the pre-existing building. Those at Disney left behind the 3 guys up in the rafters as a homage to the previous occupant.

While it's very cool to have the boys up there in Pooh, it should be noted that these are NOT the heads that adorned the walls of either of the 2 theaters. They are from what used to be called the Mile Long Bar, the counter right outside the Jamboree that had mirrors on either end to make it look, well, a mile long. These heads hung up on a wall by the bar, and are much smaller than the huge heads from the Jamboree show.

olegc
01-14-2011, 01:08 PM
While it's very cool to have the boys up there in Pooh, it should be noted that these are NOT the heads that adorned the walls of either of the 2 theaters. They are from what used to be called the Mile Long Bar, the counter right outside the Jamboree that had mirrors on either end to make it look, well, a mile long. These heads hung up on a wall by the bar, and are much smaller than the huge heads from the Jamboree show.

i thought they looked smaller... and since they used to be AA they would have had to have a lot more support if they were originals..

aidensdaddy
01-14-2011, 01:30 PM

Well thanks Dan. That's like saying that Sleeping Beauty Castle is smaller than it looks. :p

danyoung
01-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Well thanks Dan. That's like saying that Sleeping Beauty Castle is smaller than it looks. :p

I'm not quite sure if you're joking or not (even though there is a smiley face there), but I don't see it as the same thing at all. A lot of people over the years have thought that the original show heads were there in Pooh, and it's just not true.

Oh, and Sleeping Beauty Castle really IS smaller than it looks!

Donald Duck Fan68
01-15-2011, 11:05 AM

Oh, and Sleeping Beauty Castle really IS smaller than it looks!

Unless you're looking at it through a rear-view mirror, then it's closer and bigger than it appears! :D

jsilkey
01-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Unless you're looking at it through a rear-view mirror, then it's closer and bigger than it appears! :D

Then how do you see it through your tears? Looking in the rear view mirror would mean you are traveling AWAY from DL!

danyoung
01-15-2011, 05:32 PM

OT, but one of the funniest moments in the movie Jurassic Park was when the TRex was chasing the car, and they had a shot of the side mirror with the text "Objects may be closer than they appear". Totally perfect!

aidensdaddy
01-15-2011, 05:46 PM
OT, but one of the funniest moments in the movie Jurassic Park was when the TRex was chasing the car, and they had a shot of the side mirror with the text "Objects may be closer than they appear". Totally perfect!

And they spoofed that in Toy Story 2. Too funny!