PDA

View Full Version : Soarin Over California air freshener

Pages : [1] 2

soccerlady16
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
My husband and I love that ocean breeze smell from Soarin! Does anyone know if they bottle that? I would love house to smell like that!

Toocherie
01-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know about the Ocean Breeze scent, but the perfume "Philosophy" (by of course Philosophy) smells like the orange blossom scent to me!

ChrisGlass
01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Pinesol

Bytebear
01-10-2011, 06:49 PM
There is a scented candle by Yankee Candle that smells like the beach. Look for it at Bed Bath and Beyond and other stores that sell them. (Don't forget your 20% off coupon)

PoomShanka
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
"Pinesol"! :D What I do know is that if you want to smell like the old Sunkist Citrus House, spritz yourself with LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit perfume. I would love a perfume with the aroma of the Pirates of the Caribbean water....no, really I would.

Imaginears
01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
"Pinesol"! :D What I do know is that if you want to smell like the old Sunkist Citrus House, spritz yourself with LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit perfume. I would love a perfume with the aroma of the Pirates of the Caribbean water....no, really I would.

There is something distinct and familiar with that POC water odor. I feel 6yrs old again when I smell it!

DisneyManders
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
There is something distinct and familiar with that POC water odor. I feel 6yrs old again when I smell it!

All of a sudden I am right back there in POC...I don't know what it is, but that smell comes to mind right away whenever someone mentions it!!:D

soccerlady16
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM
LOL. I wouldnt say it smells like Pinesol!

danyoung
01-12-2011, 09:35 AM
So the two scents I recall from Soarin' are the pine smell on Redwood Creek and the oranges when flying over the orange grove. Are there other smells that I've somehow missed?

Ohthatjeff
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Once, my basement flooded. I couldn't get rid of that smell for a month. We just used a pump to get it out. It would never have occured to me to bottle it and sell it.

leota's necklace
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
There's definitely an ocean smell at one point. If there's anything else, it might be more subtle than I can remember.

shna
01-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Once, my basement flooded. I couldn't get rid of that smell for a month. We just used a pump to get it out. It would never have occured to me to bottle it and sell it.

When we have a lot of rain, our bedroom carpet gets that musty mildewy smell -- but that smell alone doesn't quite conjur PoTC for me. It needs a little something else -- like chlorine. We have a chlorine tablet thing in our toilet & the combined smell of that and the musty carpet made me instantly flash to PoTC fairly recently.

CariBelle
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
There's definitely an ocean smell at one point. If there's anything else, it might be more subtle than I can remember.

It might be my imagination but I swear there is a scent during the winter/snow scenes. It smells fresh and cold to me.

disfam
01-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Pier One Imports has a room spray called Ocean. It smells just like it!

leota's necklace
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
It might be my imagination but I swear there is a scent during the winter/snow scenes. It smells fresh and cold to me.

I was going to say this -- and I also seem to smell something during the desert scenes -- but I was wondering if it was just my mind filling in. :) The other three scents are really noticeable.

soccerlady16
01-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Pier one here i come!

DisneyManders
01-13-2011, 07:35 AM

Yes. I remember thinking this the last time I rode it. Will have to pay attention this time!

CariBelle
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I was going to say this -- and I also seem to smell something during the desert scenes -- but I was wondering if it was just my mind filling in. :) The other three scents are really noticeable.

Like an earthy smell? Now I really want to know if they are piping more than the ocean and orange scents in or if we are just crazy lol

danyoung
01-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Like I said, I only recall the two scents - orange and pine. But I'm looking forward to riding again and proving me wrong!

chris001
01-13-2011, 10:24 AM

I do recall that scent during the dusk surf scene (Malibu?).

Wombat66
01-13-2011, 10:57 AM
In regards to the scents on SOC, there is an opportunity for some rider provided enhancements. Much to the amusement of the riders next to me, when soaring over downtown Los Angeles I quietly pass some gas.

leota's necklace
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Like an earthy smell? Now I really want to know if they are piping more than the ocean and orange scents in or if we are just crazy lol

Just like the snow scenes smell cool and crisp, the desert scenes, to me, smell warm and dry.

Entirely possible that's just me being homesick.

Drince88
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
And even if they aren't doing anything with scents in those two scenes, cool and crisp and warm and dry could be achieved just with regular AC settings.

And don't forget, Dan - the sense of smell, much like hearing and eyesight, does ummmm change, yea it changes as one ages. ;)

(My nephew was testing some of the 'high pitched ring tones' on my Mom and me - right as soon as my Mom heard it (I did hear it before her), his brother came down the stairs, because HE had heard all of them and was wondering WHAT in the WORLD we were doing!)

DaDuckFan1955
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM

I think it's called
'Ye Olde Mold de Toilet'

:D

DisneyManders
01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Just like the snow scenes smell cool and crisp, the desert scenes, to me, smell warm and dry.

Entirely possible that's just me being homesick.

Cool and crisp!! Yeah that's the smell I smell, too! Gonna really smell this time when I am on...