PDA

View Full Version : DLH Food Dining Renovations

Goodnplenty
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I've been trying to keep up with all the wonderful new things coming to the parks and the hotel. But I'm having a little trouble with one particular area. I see that they are turning the old Hook's Point into the Tahitian Terrace. Does anyone know if that's going to be a sit down restaurant again? And when they expect to have it open?
DH and I really enjoyed the White Water Snacks area at GC and so we were hoping that DLH might put in something quick and easy like that.

Thanks for your help!
GnP :)

fairestoneofall
01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
And when they expect to have it open?
DH and I really enjoyed the White Water Snacks area at GC and so we were hoping that DLH might put in something quick and easy like that.

Not sure on the re-open date, did you look in the weekly updates?
Also, don't they have a quick service place? Croc's Bits and Bites?

Toocherie
01-10-2011, 01:12 PM
fairest--Croc's was removed when the renovation started. We were there this weekend and a friend had a view of the construction--it is huge. All I can find is that the food area being built is "smart casual"--whatever that means.

BTW--we stayed in renovated rooms this weekend at DLH and they were fantabulous!

fairestoneofall
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
fairest--Croc's was removed when the renovation started. We were there this weekend and a friend had a view of the construction--it is huge. All I can find is that the food area being built is "smart casual"--whatever that means.

BTW--we stayed in renovated rooms this weekend at DLH and they were fantabulous!

I thought they were keeping Crocs for some reason, but after more research I realized I was wrong. I haven't seen the construction since mid-Sept when AVP posted my photos on MP.

The rooms ARE amazing, aren't they?

Goodnplenty
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
So you liked the new rooms? That's wonderful to hear. DH and I were going to stay there this past Nov. but opted for a great deal at GC. We figure that by the time we go back in Nov,2011 alot of the construction will be done. Or at least we hope so. I think it would be great to get a new room and see all the new stuff in that center courtyard area.
I've tried to keep up with dates by reading the weekly updates here and on other sites. But I just haven't seen anything that said there would be a casual place to eat quickly at like White Water Snacks. I read a description today that I think the new eatery will be "dining casual"? I"m not sure if I know what that means. I'm hoping for a kind of food court setup I suppose.

GnP

danyoung
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
All I can find is that the food area being built is "smart casual"--whatever that means.

It usually means a bit dressier than tshirts and shorts, but not a place where men need to wear a suit & tie. Usually nice shorts and a collared golf-type shirt are acceptable.