PDA

View Full Version : should we have regular weekly meets at Disneyland ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

zapppop
08-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Is anyone else interested in meeting once a week at Disneyland and hangout ?

Lost Boy
08-07-2001, 09:44 PM
I know I would love to only once a week is too much for me. Money and walking wise. It takes me 2 hours or more to get there by bus, subway, train, bus from Canoga Park to Anaheim. I am not an annual pass holder anymore either. Just isn't worth it.
I try to go once a month if I can. We would need to set up a meeting place so we all can meet somewhere and be known as to who we are. And an alternate meeting place in the Park later for those who can't make for opening (I have to get up at 4:30 am in order to get to the Park by 8 - 8:30 and cant stay beyond 6 or 7 because of the length of time it takes to get home and the fact that some of the trains and buses stop running around 11:30pm and I don't relish the thought of being stranded in Downtown LA that late at night. Scary people down there, even during the day around the bus stops and subway entrances.
But it would be fun to work something out.
:D

FantasmicFan82
08-07-2001, 09:53 PM
Hey Lost boy, i feel ya' I am an AP holder, but there still are a few people in my family with AP's too willing to go every once in a while when i want to. i', just down the way from you in Van Nuys (Oh wait, they call it Valley Glen now) How do you take the Bus/Train down to DL? i haven't tried to figger it out yet...:confused: a few hours on the bus, i'd survive though, take my CD player:)

Ralph Wiggum
08-07-2001, 09:54 PM
how about sunday...noon..at the goofy statue in the pod?

Lost Boy
08-07-2001, 10:13 PM
To get to Disneyland from the valley I take the Rapid Bus down Ventura Blvd to Universal Studios Subway Staion. Take the Red Line Subway to 7th Street transit hub station. Go up one flight to the Blue Line Train and take that as far as the Santa Rosa Station. Take the Green Line train East to the staion I-601/605 station (end of the line). Go up the stairs to the Park And Ride lot. The Disneyland MTA Bus 460 stops there. It is about 1 hour on that bus because of the route it takes. It also goes right by Knotts. If you have a monthly pass on the MTA you pay the driver of the 460 $1 for freeway use. If you don't have a pass it will cost you about $3.00 for faire and transfers. The subway and trains are heavily pattrolled and if you are caught without fare or pass it is a $750 fine and possible jail time.
The 460 stops right on Harbor Blvd at the Main Entrance to Disneyland. Pick it up at the same place and take it all the way to Downtown Los Angles ($2.00 with Pass) and get off at Persing Square. Go down to the Red Line and take it back to Universal and take the Red Line back to wherever you connect with the Van Nuys Bus.
I read or listen to CD's also. Makes the time go very fast. Going with somebody else is also fun if they are Disneyland Fans. Makes the time go real fast talking about the Park and all that goes with it.
I only have Sunday's free to go. Maybe we could plan a trip together and meet at the Universal Subway Entrance by the Rapid Bus area and go together from there.
:D

Napsto
08-08-2001, 12:38 AM
one time i took the red line to union station, then took amtrak to anaheim, and took a cab to dland. your way sounds a little chepaer though!

zapppop
08-08-2001, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
how about sunday...noon..at the goofy statue in the pod?

Isn't that when the mouseplanet staff meets ?

adriennek
08-08-2001, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by zapppop

Isn't that when the mouseplanet staff meets ?

The Sunday noon meets weren't meant to be MousePlanet Staff meets. They started out a very long time ago (long before MousePlanet,) and are meant to be for anyone who wants to stop by and meet other Disney fans.

I know that I would like to see them become much less thought of as "mouseplanet staff" meets, and I know other people who probably would, too! And, in fact, there *are* people who come to those meets and are not "MP staff."

One thing I have enjoyed about the Sunday noon meets is that they seem to have a lore about them so people from all over the country, and even people from other countries, will stop by to say hi.

Adrienne K

Doodle Duck
08-08-2001, 08:43 AM
"I am not an annual pass holder anymore either. Just isn't worth it.
I try to go once a month if I can."

I agree, it's not worth it...but IF you go about once a month wouldn't that make 9 of the trips FREE?

Morrigoon
08-09-2001, 12:21 PM
Back when those meets were known as the ADD meets, there used to be anywhere from 20-40 people there at a time. Obviously not all future mouseplaneteers. Attendance at the meets has dropped off lately though. I think it would be great if the MousepADDers would start going to them. Haha, we could call them PADD meets (okay lame joke, but I liked it). Now that I live closer to the park (still not close as most would call it, but closER) I intend to make it to more meets. Be sure to be there by noon though, because the group doesn't always wait til 1230 to go to lunch like they used to.

cstephens
08-09-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I think it would be great if the MousepADDers would start going to them. Haha, we could call them PADD meets (okay lame joke, but I liked it).

Or, people could set up an alternate time/place for MP meets. That would make sense.

stan4d_steph
08-09-2001, 01:52 PM
Sounds good to me. I met up with some Mouseplaneteers on DL's Birthday this year and that was fun. I won't be coming for a little bit yet though because I have the SoCal pass and am blocked out until Sept.

FantasmicFan82
08-09-2001, 06:11 PM
I'd love to go, but i dunno when my next day off is...:( i asked my boss about oct7th for MA, but he said no. hehe. there's no one to fill in for me. i'm getting it off. i wanna do MA!!!

Gauchograd99
08-09-2001, 08:40 PM
Sundays work for me seeing as that is the only day of the week I have open to do anything. I cannot be outta work seeing as I am the director of our quality department... and I am also most of the staff :). Well, I have not made a Goofy meeting yet (I do give Donald a tap on the hat... good luck for me) but I am working on it. Anyhow... hope that people can meet at the Noon time at Goofy, and maybe us early morning ppl can meet sometime just after opening. Now if only I could get my lovely girlfriend to get up in time for opening. :)

lisap
08-09-2001, 08:53 PM
What, does *everyone*work during the week? Does no one play hookey? I'd like to see a Tuesday morning meet for brunch at the Blue Ribbon Bakery--
:)

adriennek
08-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by lisap
What, does *everyone*work during the week? Does no one play hookey? I'd like to see a Tuesday morning meet for brunch at the Blue Ribbon Bakery--
:)

Yum! Name the Tuesday (just as long as it's not Kevin's week to carpool. I don't have a car when Kevin drives carpool.)

Adrienne K

lisap
08-10-2001, 05:42 AM
Peachy keen--
We'll organize a play hookey day in the fall on a weekday (tuesday, thursday or friday if you please)

Ralph Wiggum
08-10-2001, 12:13 PM
Hey!! once school starts I'll play hookey anytime!! :)

Gauchograd99
08-10-2001, 04:28 PM
Like I said before, I AM the quality department for the most part (nobody works directly under me, but they all have to listen to my suggestions) so playing hookey is not an option, especially with the owner of the company here until sometime near Valentines Day... not that other times would be easier as the VP is my direct boss. :)

stan4d_steph
08-10-2001, 04:58 PM
Peachy keen--
We'll organize a play hookey day in the fall on a weekday (tuesday, thursday or friday if you please)

Sounds good to me. My blockout days will be over then. How about Oct. 11? I'm taking off that day anyway to go to my 5 year college reunion. Or maybe it doesn't count as hookey if I'm already taking off the day?

I did play hookey on July 17 for the B-day meet. I called in sick. :p (cough, cough)

lisap
08-10-2001, 05:46 PM
That would be fun-.-let's keep the thread up and see if we can get everyone to play too...
Of course it (hookey)counts as long as you are not where you're really supposed to be! :D

adriennek
08-10-2001, 06:21 PM

Of course it (hookey)counts as long as you are not where you're really supposed to be! :D

Ok, well, when you really think about it, in order for me to play hookey, I cannot go to Disneyland.... Because that's kinda what my job IS- to go to Disneyland as a tourist so I can write about it.

Hmm. Whadda ya know.
Adrienne K

lisap
08-10-2001, 06:48 PM
As long as you are on official business for PRNP, I see no problem ;)

Dlandmom
08-10-2001, 07:34 PM
Agreed!:D I will be wearing my tourist hat when I attend, but should a situation arise when I must switch over to my PRNP hat, I will do it without hesitation!;)

EandCDad
08-10-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
Agreed!:D I will be wearing my tourist hat when I attend, but should a situation arise when I must switch over to my PRNP hat, I will do it without hesitation!;)

Those with PRNP hats will be shunned, shunned I tells ya.