PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo beats us for anniversaries

Lost Boy
05-02-2003, 06:44 PM
I just came from a visit to Laughing Place dot Com and they have an article with lots of pictures about Tokyo DL's 20th. Go look at what they have done and then think about what Disney wants to do for Disneyland's 50th. Even some of the statues and toppiary and other decorations that Tokyo is doing makes what TDA wants to do for us. Kind of Stinky don't you think. What a shame that the people running the Resort now just don't have a clue as to what it is they are in charge of.:(

Rallymonkey23
05-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Thats nothing new. :(

Disneyland is going to be "just another theme park" if they keep things going the way they are. We are already thinking about not renuing our AP's till after the 50th for fear it will be just a big letdown. And from what I've heard so far, we are getting nothing spectacular. :mad:

But it doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

What went wrong?? (Besides Eisner. Its not all his fault.)

The magic is fading........IMO :(

Lost Boy
05-02-2003, 07:08 PM
I really think it started when Paul Pressler found he could make point with the boss by cutting costs at Disneyland. Now they are paying through the nose for this. And they have just gotten cheaper and cheaper. And what really bugs me is that they use every excuse (9/11, Iraqi War, etc) to make excuses about poor attendance at the Parks. Look at Tokyo. They are having one of the worst recessions in history and the people still flock to that place. Granted, they don't want to travel either, but still. People don't come to our Parks because they are not updating them with anything worth coming to see.
You have to spend money to make money. Tokyo knows this and keeps adding new attractions every year, and of course they have Disney Seas as well. Not a Parking Lot turned ammuesment park. DCA has some nice things in it, but overall, it's no Disney Seas.
And the California resorts are doing better than Florida in attendance so why don't they reward us with somthing big and special for the 50th.
This is depressing me.