PDA

View Full Version : Question about "water problems" at DL Hotel

leota's necklace
05-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Wondering if anyone had the scoop...we checking into the DLH on Sunday afternoon and our request for a non-smoking room caused a tiny bit of a wait while our rep tried to find us another room. He came back with a lovely room in the Bonita tower and explained that there were "water problems" at the hotel, making sound like the other two towers were affected. He also mentioned that the Neverland Pool would not be heated as of Monday for the same reason. Anyone know what was going on?

Grandbreaker
05-02-2003, 04:54 PM
They are putting in new hot water supply pipes.

AVP
05-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Several weeks ago, portions of the Disneyland Hotel were closed because of a water failure. The closure included Hook's Pointe restaurant, where the CMs were sent home mid-shift because the restaurant had no water.

AVP

Grandbreaker
05-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Old hotel Old pipes

RStar
05-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Kinda like me. Yesterday was my birthday, and that's how I feel.;)

DLFan
05-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I checked in on Thursday and was given a city view room in the Bonita Tower. I had originally requested the Sierra or Marina Tower but was told at check in that 600 rooms were unvailable due to the plumbing. These rooms were to be available on Friday, so we asked if it was possible to move to the Sierra tower then. It was great, we were given a room on the sixth floor with a DTD view. I couldn't imagine a better view. Also, the air conditioning was not working in the Bonita tower (9th floor) which may have helped us get a better view the next day.

Grandbreaker
05-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Bonita is always warm( the hallways) compared to the others .

chelbell
05-08-2003, 05:33 AM
I'm getting a little nervous here. We're arriving this Saturday, and we have a 2 bedroom suite in the Bonita Tower. I hope they have the plumbing problems fixed by then:(

leota's necklace
05-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Don't get nervous, I'm sure everything will be fine.

We're from Arizona, so we didn't need our air conditioning much, but when we did, it worked just fine. But open windows over the waterfalls were awfully nice, too.

Honestly, if we hadn't been told about the glitch, I doubt we would have noticed that anything was amiss. Our stay was amazing.

chelbell
05-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, we checked in on Saturday, and we were told that we would not be in the Bonita Tower, because the whole tower was shut down!!! So, our suite was in the Sierra Tower, with a DD view. Throughout our stay I kept looking over at the Bonita Tower and I would notice a few curtains opened here and there, but it did look to be pretty empty. We came home today, so I don't know if the problems are fixed or not. We loved our view from the Sierra Tower, but I still prefer the swimming pool view from the Marina Tower....DD was a pretty view, but too noisy for us with the band that always plays in front of Rainforest.:)