PDA

View Full Version : parade route through other lands?

olegc
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Irvine High School is marching down Main St today (sat) at 4pm - but my daughter the drum major just told me they were told the parade would go through Adventureland and Frontierland. Really? Since when? there is no room for an entire marching band to do that...

My guess is the director was messing with them - but he kept insisting. Thoughts? I know WDW goes through Frontierland and Liberty Sq then Main St.

Disneylandfanguy
01-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Irvine High School is marching down Main St today (sat) at 4pm - but my daughter the drum major just told me they were told the parade would go through Adventureland and Frontierland. Really?

I really don't think that is possible...

houseofmouse
01-10-2011, 09:00 AM
curious now, how did it go?

olegc
01-10-2011, 09:04 AM
as I kind of thought - the director was messing with the kids. they did the standard route. interesting - since there was no regular parade it was around 4 bands all spaced about 5 min apart down the parade route.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
There's barely room for regular foot traffic through Adventureland, and when it begins to get the slightest bit crowded, the attraction CMs come out and have to do traffic control (stay to the right and keep moving along the walkway.)

If you enjoy people watching, find a good spot out of the way near the entrance to Indy and watch how many will come up and bottleneck that part of AL by either:
1. not knowing what they're looking at and stopping in their tracks (is this a ride?)
2. not knowing what they should do (should we get a FP or wait in standby?)
3. not knowing which part of the line to enter
4. getting back too early for their FP and just hanging out to the right of FP
5. waiting for their party around the exit

houseofmouse
01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
as I kind of thought - the director was messing with the kids. they did the standard route. interesting - since there was no regular parade it was around 4 bands all spaced about 5 min apart down the parade route.

Glad it went well. There was not a parade? :)

olegc
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Glad it went well. There was not a parade? :)

nope - parades are on hiatus until the new one comes in Spring. too bad that the main st vehicles are soon to get refurbed as well, leaving Main St. to be pedestrians only.