PDA

View Full Version : What will replace Captain EO?

Pages : [1] 2 3

padilla6710
01-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Has anyone heard when Captain Eo will leave DL and what will replace it? I am really hoping that HISTA will not come back. I am not a fan.

I would love to see Mickey's Phillarmagic or something new and exciting.

Wombat66
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Don't be surprised if the replacement has something to do with Tron.

Disneylandfanguy
01-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't want to see HISTA come back either.

Disney has said that Captain EO will continue to play as long as it remains popular. They have not said what will replace it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if WDI already has some ideas in mind.

I would rather not see Mickey's Philarmagic in its place. As entertaining as it would be, it really does not make sense in Tomorrowland.

I would rather have, as you said, something new and exciting.

AJDerrick
01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
What about something for Meet the Robinsons? I keep hoping that they'll take over Innoventions, but that hasn't happened yet...maybe they could have a movie instead.

animal24
01-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I keep on hoping anything will take over innoventions

Donald Duck Fan68
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Innonventions will be taken over by "Wall•E Sings", an audio-animitronic extravaganza of scenes that pay tribute to the modern advancement and accomplishments of over 39 countries, but mostly America.

If Captain EO is replaced by HISTA, then Disney will need to change the name of the attraction to: "Honey, Where's the Audience?"

shna
01-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Innonventions will be taken over by "Wall•E Sings", an audio-animitronic extravaganza of scenes that pay tribute to the modern advancement and accomplishments of over 39 countries, but mostly America.

*snerk* In my head, that was TOTALLY Sam the Eagle's voice.

JeffG
01-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I think it will be "Magic Journeys".

I'm assuming they are just going backwards now...

-Jeff

ogold72
01-09-2011, 04:34 AM

Thats awesome. I havent thought of Sam the Eagle in a long time but there is a new guy where I am working who looks like a cross between Beaker and Sam the Eagle. I am going to have him read that line when he gets in. I will laugh and laugh

The old man
01-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Don't be surprised if the replacement has something to do with Tron.
It would surprise me.

Bytebear
01-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't mind another dark ride. Maybe a variation on Inner Space?

houseofmouse
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Ooohh good idea. Do away with the theater all together! Or put in Alien Encounter! :D

cstephens
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Ooohh good idea. Do away with the theater all together! Or put in Alien Encounter! :D

Alien Encounter didn't belong in the Magic Kingdom, and it certainly doesn't belong in Disneyland.

oregontraveler
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Ditto

padilla6710
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I just can't wait to find out when something will happen! It took so long for them to replace HISTA and that was way overplayed and no one ever went to see it. I hope they don't wear out the welcome for Captain EO. It would be nice to see something new!!

Disneylandfanguy
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Alien Encounter didn't belong in the Magic Kingdom, and it certainly doesn't belong in Disneyland.

I have to agree.

Yes, it was a cool concept, but a bit too dark for a Disney theme park.

The idea was kind of ill-fated from the start.

houseofmouse
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I have to agree.

Yes, it was a cool concept, but a bit too dark for a Disney theme park.

The idea was kind of ill-fated from the start.

Beats the stupid Stitch Encounter that is there now. Ugh that thing is horrible.:mad:

Disneylandfanguy
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Beats the stupid Stitch Encounter that is there now. Ugh that thing is horrible.:mad:

Well, I guess the whole idea of a carnivorous and/or drooling alien sensory experience while you are squirming helplessly in a seat was just an ill-fated idea. :|

Judging from the history of the attraction, it seemed to be doomed from the start.

mkraemer
01-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Yep; mine too!

mkraemer
01-09-2011, 08:12 PM

15 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Drince88
01-10-2011, 05:04 AM
15 minutes of my life I won't get back.

At least you didn't wait for OVER AN HOUR for it during soft openings!

cstephens
01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
I actually liked Stitch Encounter ok. The only objection I had to it was:

As I recall, having only done it once, there's a segment that involves an extremely foul smell. That bugged me. I don't want to go on a ride that focusses on bodily functions. The husband and I were pretty impressed with the Stitch animatronic, and I would love to go on the ride again to see it more, but I'm not willing to endure the foul smell just for that.

houseofmouse
01-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I like the Stitch, he was well done. I liked the alien too, he was cool. I hated the shoulder restraints, very painful.

Drince88
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I totally liked the Central AA in both versions. What really bothered me about Stitch is that they were 'calming' down AE so it wasn't as scary, by adding the cute adorable alien kids know and love - but they didn't make it calm enough for most kids to enjoy - and they 'dumbed down' the scariness that appealed to some adults (like me). They stayed too 'in between'. They even turned on more lights after the soft opening to make it less dark (literally) in attempt to not be quite so scary - but it still fell short.

The key to not making the shoulder restraints hurt was to sit up extra tall when they were coming down, and then relax into a more normal posture during the show.

Do they have ROOM in that area to do anything other than a theater show to replace Captian EO? Chances are that whatever they do in DL they're going to do in Epcot, too (because why would you develop two new attractions to replace one old one that's on both coasts) - and unless they really expand the Imagination Pavillion building, there's no way they could do much more than a theater show in Epcot.

DwarfPlanet
01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I would like to see anything replace Captain Eo. DW and I saw Eo when we were there last Oct and came out laughing about it being so bad.