PDA

View Full Version : WDW vs. DL observation

ErikBsandiego
05-01-2003, 09:32 PM
I will try to do a full trip report at some point but after visiting WDW for the first time last month (and having gone to DL over 200 times) I come back with the following notes.....

A) Our Fantasmic just is SO much better than theirs. My wife, who has not seen the "real" fantasmic is in for a treat on the Gallary Balcony this summer....;-)

B) Splash at WDW is much more of a ride and a blast than ours. Great attraction.

C) I like the theming in DL fantasy land much better.

D) ToT is a great ride. Hope our version will be good (please!!)

E) The food at WDW parks is just so much better than the food options at DL.

F) Though short on attractions (and can really bake with high humidity at that part of the property), AK has some great theming. The African village is simply AMAZING for theming detail.

teri
05-01-2003, 09:59 PM
I spent 4 days at Disneyland 2 weeks ago, then 5 days at WDW last week. You can't help but compare!

A - Yes, Fantasmic is a most definitely a better show at Disneyland, but the seats!!! Those wonderful seats!

B - Snow White is also better at WDW. I developed much more appreciation for the rides at MK on this trip last week. Pirates is much less fun at MK. Jungle Cruise is less dense, longer, and they let my son drive the boat again -- I can't even tell you how happy he was about that. :D

C - Fantasyland at MK is not as wonderful, and there is so much missing there. But we had such a neat view from Cinderella's Royal Table, right by the windows - how I wish there were a view like that at Disneyland!

D - ToT is so well themed - I hope they do as good of a job at DCA. Is sure is nice to have a decent food court, RnR, Beauty and the Beast and the Fantasmic theater right next door as well.

E - I missed Bengal Barbeque and Riverbelle Terrace and New Orleans Square...

F - AK is a wonderful park with a terrific parade. I wish they had done better theming over around the Primeval Whirl area, though - it is just like a parking lot over there. (Those of you Disneylanders who haven't been there, who think DCA is a Carnival In The Parking Lot, you should see how they messed up that section of Animal Kingdom!)

We ran into some fantastic CMs at both places. Wonderful human beings. :) My autistic son is practicing social language and speech, which is very hard for him. The terrific CMs who take the time to listen and respond, and encourage him -- wonderful angels, every one. :)