PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras event comes to Disneyland!

olegc
01-05-2011, 04:10 PM
well, for those (like me) who have been waiting for some definitive Mardi Gras fun inside the berm - Disneyland today (as part of their blog contest) mentioned five events titled Family Fun Days to be held at the parks between Jan and March. Woo Hoo! NOS as it was meant to be (well, family style at least!)

Find the info HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/so-cal-residents-enter-the-2-day-ticket-for-99-contest/)

Drince88
01-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh, I so hope they do it right! I'll be there before Mardi Gras, actually potentially on two weekend days, and one of those I'm missing parades to be in DL - so I'm excited to see what they do!

BlkPearlCptn
01-06-2011, 08:23 AM
The last time I remember they had Mardi Gras in NOS I had an absolute blast! They had the jazz playing and people were on the balconies throwing beads. It was just so much fun. Can hardly wait to see what they do this time.

Toocherie
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Oleg--is the Oleg in the list of winners you? I hope so!

olegc
01-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Oleg--is the Oleg in the list of winners you? I hope so!

yessiree - even though I have a pass - i can use this for my kids...

Toocherie
01-06-2011, 09:01 PM
then congrats!

Drince88
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
The Disney Park Blogs posted (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/family-fun-weekends-a-new-way-to-celebrate-fiestas-mardi-gras-and-more-jan-14-through-march-6-only/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29) which weekends are which today.

I'm so happy, I get to be there for parts of TWO Mardi Gras weekends! They mention food, too! I wonder how/where they'll do special food (and what it'll be)? I wonder if my not-quite-4 year old nephew could be taught to say "Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler" to Tiana. Eh, maybe I'll just work on "Throw me somthing Mister/Ma'am" with him!

And the most intelligent thing of all - all 3 Mardi Gras weekends are actually BEFORE Mardi Gras! Universal Orlando does a Mardi Gras parade - and it (usually) goes well into Lent. Bad form, Universal. Good job Disneyland!