PDA

View Full Version : Bees?

DonaldDuck14
05-01-2003, 08:08 PM
is it just me or am i that observant but do u guys notice there seems to be a bee hive on the main tower of the castle? where there is that cross-shape opening, i always see bees coming out of there. and is there like a bee problem cuz i notice one time there was like some bee hive by this one tree behind that special tomorrowland club buzz stage and they had that part kinda blocked off.

MonorailMan
05-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Yep, Bees love DIsneyland. It's a bugs land. They've been haning off the Monorail track too. :)

dsnyredhead
05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
I hate bees. I've seen them in various places around the park and I always avoid them whenever I can although I seem to attract them...augh!

Lashbear
05-02-2003, 12:47 AM
...It's probably related to all those new HUGE honey-pots over in Critter Country ! :fez:

Jason Reynolds
05-02-2003, 10:54 AM
I believe Disney has actually trained a few of them to sing over by the new Pooh ride. It's amazing what they can do!!

DisneyFan25863
05-02-2003, 02:02 PM
I was at DCA once with my friends dads best friend (thats a mouthful :fez: ) So we were walking by GRR when he says "Hey, are you allergic to bees?" And I reply "Yeah, why?" He then tells me to go over to the edge of the path and put my back over the water. He the goes out, buys a churro, and throws it out to the water. 10 or 12 bees then actually fly off my back and go after it :eek:

It's kinda scary considering I useally have to go to the ER if I get stung :eek:

So yes. There are bees at DLR :fez:

GeminiAngel
05-02-2003, 06:47 PM
I went in March. Wow!! lots of bees in the queue flower bed at Peter Pan!!! lots of feaking out kids!!!:eek:

Not Afraid
05-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DonaldDuck14
i notice one time there was like some bee hive by this one tree behind that special tomorrowland club buzz stage

Am I the only one who noticed how punny this is?:fez: :fez: :fez:

experiment626
05-02-2003, 09:15 PM
I didn't notice any bees but DCA in the "bay area" had TONS of gnats/fruit flys. The funny thing is that they would sworm of my 12yo DD head.

miss bianca
05-03-2003, 07:36 AM
I was at DCA last weekend and there were a TON of nats! It only seemed to be at night time. They were hovering over peoples heads. Whats the deal with all the bugs?

CrayZforDisney
05-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Disneyland Resort has been having odd bee problems. A beehive on the monorail beam caused Autopia to go 101 a week or so ago. On Hiemlick's Chew Chew Train, the watermelon scent attracts swarms of bees, which is why the attraction is closed so often. There are even giant people- sized beehives in Critter Country! :eek:

masilly1
05-24-2003, 06:50 PM
My family was just there last week and I spent a lot of time swatting them away from my kids. Especially while in line for the Matterhorn and while walking to and from Small World