PDA

View Full Version : Basin in Downtown Disney

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
OK, just checking to see if I'm losing my mind. I did a search of MousePlanet and MousePad and found nothing.

I was in Downtown Disney tonight and noticed that Basin was closed - not closed for the night, but gone. It was dark - I think there was some kind of covering over the windows. And there was a sign about a new shop "coming soon". I don't remember hearing about Basin going away. Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Anyone know how long they've been gone? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention because it's not my kind of store.

The Basin website only lists 3 store locations, none of which are in Anaheim. The Disneyland website lists Basin as one of the stores in Downtown Disney, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything because things are often wrong there. So, I can't tell how long the store has been gone.

Thanks.

Iceman
01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
If so, this would be the first DD store closure that I'll be disappointed about. My wife, daughter, and I have really come to enjoy some of the soaps, scrubs, etc. available in Basin.

Mermaid
01-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Oh no! I love Basin and we don't have one here. I always gets some Bath Bombs and a Mystery Bag if they have any when I am there. I will be really bummed if that is true. I hope DTD doesn't become a ghost town of empty shops.

olegc
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
hmm - usually (in other places) that means they were trying to stay in the spot until the last minute and the owner of the property sent them out for whatever reason (lack of lease payments, etc.) It would be interesting to hear more because from previous store closing/opening Disney seemed to want to control the message.

Tinker44
01-05-2011, 08:19 AM
It was there before Christmas. Their lease likely expired on dec 31st.

olegc
01-05-2011, 08:29 AM
It was there before Christmas. Their lease likely expired on dec 31st.

good call

cstephens
01-05-2011, 08:45 AM
But weird that there was no announcement of any sort. I mean, we know the Anne Geddes store is closing.

BlkPearlCptn
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh no! Basin is one of the stores that I hit up every single time I'm at DTD. I have sensitive skin and their products are one of the few that I can actually use. I guess I could order online now, but always loved being able to stop by and pick some stuff up.

Grandpa Louie
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Now Downtown Disney is less "fru-fru" times two.

Bytebear
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I was there on Sunday 1/2/11 and it was closed. The windows were not blacked out, but the interior was emptied of everything and the sign was there (it looked like a paper printout). I was a little surprised I didn't see a thread on it sooner considering all the talk of creepy babies.

Grandpa Louie
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Now Downtown Disney is less "fru-fru" times two.

Maybe if Downtown Disney opened a store based on the Dangerous Book For Boys series todays youth would know more about coin tricks and paper airplanes.

spectromen
01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Very sad news. I was JUST there and there were no signs or indications of any closure at all (This was Jan 1st). The one thing I noticed was that there were no salt/sugar scrubs out - my favorite item. But definitely no sales or clearances. I wonder if Orlando's is meeting a similar fate.

Grandpa Louie
01-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Does one employ a salt/sugar scrub the same way I utilize Lava Soap?

CariBelle
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh no! Basin is one of the stores that I hit up every single time I'm at DTD. I have sensitive skin and their products are one of the few that I can actually use. I guess I could order online now, but always loved being able to stop by and pick some stuff up.

Same here! I doubt I'll order online either, half of the fun of the bath bombs was smelling them and choosing a "good" one.

spectromen
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM

lol, I imagine so. It's all about the exfoliation, with the sugar one being a bit more moisturizing than the salt.

newhdplayer
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM

I love Lava Soap. When you're around dirty Truck parts, there ain't nothing better. Except maybe for pumice infused Permatex Fast Orange, that is.

leota's necklace
01-07-2011, 11:44 AM

I dunno, Louie, what's your pedicure routine? I figure you're more of a loofah/buff/pale lilac polish kinda guy.

Grandpa Louie
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I dunno, Louie, what's your pedicure routine? I figure you're more of a loofah/buff/pale lilac polish kinda guy.

Sorry Doll, I'm a Zest, Prell, Old Spice, and of course Lava Soap guy. Pretty much if Stater Bros. doesn't carry it, I don't need it.

Grandpa Louie
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I love Lava Soap. When you're around dirty Truck parts, there ain't nothing better. Except maybe for pumice infused Permatex Fast Orange, that is.

Not to mention ammoniated Boraxo!

prudence
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh no! That was the one store in DTD we regularly stopped in to visit and purchase! This is going to put a crimp in our regular bathing supply stock-up routine.

aidensdaddy
01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
But weird that there was no announcement of any sort. I mean, we know the Anne Geddes store is closing.

My homepage is Yahoo! and being in Anaheim, news from the OC Register usually pops up. AG caught my attention. Maybe there was one of Basin, perhaps even several months ago, and I never caught it.

I will be there this weekend or definitely on Monday or Tuesday. I will check it out then.

I just searched all over OC Register.com and found nothing. I took a look at Basin's webpage and clicked on their stores link. The Anaheim store is no longer listed. So I'm guessing it is what Tinker said. Their lease was up.

leota's necklace
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry Doll, I'm a Zest, Prell, Old Spice, and of course Lava Soap guy. Pretty much if Stater Bros. doesn't carry it, I don't need it.

Be careful with that Lava soap -- I think it may have stripped your sense of irony.

leota's necklace
01-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Excuse me, sarcasm. Not irony.

That's what I get for multi-tasking.

GeminiAngel
01-09-2011, 03:55 AM
Thank God I have one here in Vegas. I always visit that store in DTD

newhdplayer
01-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Not to mention ammoniated Boraxo!

That is so old school.