PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire should cut the pre-show!

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Just an opinion here...

But I think that Who Wants to be a Millionaire should cut down on the lame pre-show stuff with the applauding and the stage manager, etc.. and tone it down to a couple of minutes. It seems to take up almost half the time, and there's never more than 10-15 minutes to play the game!

It drives me nuts!!!:D

miss bianca
05-01-2003, 04:49 PM
DITTO!!!!

Darkbeer
05-01-2003, 05:00 PM
But remember, it costs money to actually play the game for two reasons...

Somebody has to come up with the questions, more questions used, more expense.

Prizes, while they don't give out that many Cruises, they still give out Hats, Shirts and pins. All added expenses, more contestants, more money.

In fact, they are cutting back on Millionaire, and are only offering 5 shows a day, even weekends.

zapppop
05-01-2003, 05:12 PM
they should cut millionaire.:fez:

Toady The Eighth
05-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
But remember, it costs money to actually play the game for two reasons...

Somebody has to come up with the questions, more questions used, more expense.

Prizes, while they don't give out that many Cruises, they still give out Hats, Shirts and pins. All added expenses, more contestants, more money.

In fact, they are cutting back on Millionaire, and are only offering 5 shows a day, even weekends.

I can see the point with the prizes... but couldn't they re-use questions?

timl33
05-02-2003, 10:09 AM
They HAVE re-used questions. The answers weren't exactly the same on a question I saw (4 months apart), but it went something like this:

Which of these is not the title of a Walt Disney documentary thing (I think it was a series in the '50s)

The first three answers were the same both times.
A - Documentary sounding title 1
B - Documentary sounding title 2
C - Documentary sounding title 3

The first time, D was Pete's Dragon, the second time, D was some other DIsney film that was obviously not a documentary.

So, yes, they do re-use questions.

Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
I can see the point with the prizes... but couldn't they re-use questions?

BTT
05-02-2003, 02:04 PM
From what I understand, they re-use question up to a certain point level...I've actually answered one that I had seen a couple weeks previously (somthing about flummery).

But, it would be completely embarrassing for them if the million point question came around, and the person in the chair said...oh yeah, I know this because the guy who won last week had this same question.

Ben T.

Rallymonkey23
05-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by timl33
They HAVE re-used questions.

Yes they have. Thats one reason why they don't allow video or still photography.

MonorailMan
05-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Yes they have. Thats one reason why they don't allow video or still photography.

What they need is one of those "Automatic Camera Sensors" from Thunderbird 1. ;)

DisneyFan25863
05-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
What they need is one of those "Automatic Camera Sensors" from Thunderbird 1. ;)

:fez: :fez: :fez:

I love that show! :fez:

mcampisi
05-03-2003, 08:05 PM
"Yes they have. Thats one reason why they don't allow video or still photography"

I have a pretty cool shot my wife got of me down in the hot seat while my my face was being projected on the screen. The CM working the seats came over and said not to take anymore, which she did, but that's about all they did.