PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or does this "Fastpass Plus" or "Unlimited FastPass" thing seem..

hbquikcomjamesl
05-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Some time ago, we compared the FastPass system with something (I think) Six Flags was doing, that involved paying a premium to get shorter lines. If I remember right, our general consensus was that the Disney FastPass system was better, because it was available to everybody, and because it (not unlike the ticket books of yore) encouraged people to try "B-ticket" and "C-ticket" attractions they'd otherwise miss. The "premium" system, on the other hand, was an elitist system that allowed people with the money to spend on it to lord it over those who were stuck in the regular lines.

And now we've got a system by which guests with special ticket packages can hold multiple FPs at the same time? Isn't that just a variation on the same sort of elitism we were railing against, and hoping would never show up at any Disney park? And doesn't it defeat the whole purpose (i.e., to let people who are waiting for the E-ticket attractions do anything that isn't an E-ticket while they wait, including attractions that would otherwise have very low traffic, and including shopping?)

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 03:30 PM
I too, am curious to see what this unlimited fastpass thing does to the fastpass lines. However, I figure it probably won't make too much difference, as there seems to be a lot of people who don't even bother to use the fastpass system, plus there are a lot of ways to fool the system alread, i.e. unhooked fastpass machines, using old park tickets (I do this) etc. to get more that you are supposed to.

I doubt it'll make a huge difference, but it might make a slight one.

Techie7
05-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
If I remember right, our general consensus was that the Disney FastPass system was better, because it was available to everybody, and because it (not unlike the ticket books of yore) encouraged people to try "B-ticket" and "C-ticket" attractions they'd otherwise miss. Everyone still has full use of fastpass included in the price of admission.

Techie7
05-01-2003, 05:36 PM
:fez: