PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on different shows

mom2alexnmatt
05-01-2003, 01:08 PM
We leave sunday for a week long stay at disneyland. I was looking around at the show schedule and was looking for some opinions. I saw that they have a Mickey's detective school, goofy's beach party, and a buzz lightyear show, and also the Alladdin show. I've heard great things about the alladdin show, but nothing about the other shows. I was wondering if you thought my three year old would enjoy these? (he knows all the characters, and is a HUGE Buzz fan.)

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by mom2alexnmatt
We leave sunday for a week long stay at disneyland. I was looking around at the show schedule and was looking for some opinions. I saw that they have a Mickey's detective school, goofy's beach party, and a buzz lightyear show, and also the Alladdin show. I've heard great things about the alladdin show, but nothing about the other shows. I was wondering if you thought my three year old would enjoy these? (he knows all the characters, and is a HUGE Buzz fan.)

Mickey's Detective school was so lame that I got up and left in the middle of it. It replaced "Animazement" which was a fantastic show, and great for kids AND adults.

Goofy's Beach Party is more of the same. Small children might like it, but as far as adults and older children go, it's LAME-O in my opinion!:D

Aladdin I have heard great things about though.

cstephens
05-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
Mickey's Detective school was so lame that I got up and left in the middle of it. It replaced "Animazement" which was a fantastic show, and great for kids AND adults.

Goofy's Beach Party is more of the same. Small children might like it, but as far as adults and older children go, it's LAME-O in my opinion!:D

I'll agree that Mickey's Detective School isn't worth the time, though I have heard some people say they think it's ok.

I disagree about Goofy's though. I thought it was cute and very enjoyable and fun, kid or adult. I certainly enjoyed it.

Matterhorn Fan
05-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Skip Mickey's Detective School and go to one of the shows in the Golden Horseshoe (you can have lunch while you're at it).

DisneyFan25863
05-01-2003, 07:42 PM
One of my fav. "informal" shows is the "Trash Can Band". Be sure to watch them if you see them! :fez:

MickeyandMe
05-02-2003, 08:06 PM
The Buzz show is an absolute must for a 3-year-old who likes Buzz Lightyear! We have been to Disneyland 4 times in the past 2 years (my son is currently 4 1/2) and we have had to see the Buzz show at least once each trip - usually multiple times per trip. It is so much fun for the little kids! It is located at Club Buzz (used to be Tomorrowland Terrace), so you can try to schedule a show around lunch and pick a table near the railing for watching the show. There are seats down below that you can also sit in, but we usually plan it around a meal to get the most out of our day and sit up at the tables. But be warned, there is a catchy tune that might stick in your head for days (or months!)....."A space ranger's a winner, who's never late for dinner....... to infinity, and beyond!" I know it's corny, but it's cute and your son will love it!

We saw the end of Goofy's Beach Party one time...I didn't think my son would be interested in it, so we didn't make plans to go see it. But he was mesmerized when we walked by while it was going on so we had to stop and watch the last few minutes of the show. He thought it was great. It is also a good place to find Max and Goofy for autographs.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions about visiting with a 3-year-old boy.

MonorailMan
05-02-2003, 08:25 PM
ATTN Mods: Sugesstion: Drop in the Parenting In The Parks forum.

Not Afraid
05-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Well, I don't have a 3 year old, but if I did, I'd take him to see the "good" Alladin show at Aladin's Oasis in DL (Adventurland). It is funny, entertaining for all ages (right guys?;) ) and participatory. They chose children from the audience to be a part of the show and it is always a hoot. I've seen the show more than 25 times and I never get sick of it.

EhhMon
05-03-2003, 01:37 AM
I agree Aladdin's storybook at Adventure land was funny even for an adult like me. Aladdin and Jasmine were better too. I couldn't get into the Aladdin show at DCA because I saw this first. Although the show was great, I just couldn't get pass the Aladdin and the Jasmine there because I liked the Aladdin and Jasmine in Disneyland better.

Mickey's detective show is ok if your a kid, but for an adult i have to agree it was lame.

Goofy's surf show is kind of lame too but again if your a kid this would be a great place. Kids get to participate and there's an autograph session afterwards, unlike Mickey's detective show.

Another good show although small was the Ugly Bug dance over in DCA lots of interaction for the kids, funny show too. Flik and Atta are part of the show and a good place to get autographs.

Another great place was the Buzz show in Tomorrowland, lots of tables and chairs to sit back, eat and enjoy the show.