PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Southern California discount: 2 Days for $99, valid 1/2 - 5/14/11

AVP
01-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Southern California residents can visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks any two days before May 14 for $99 using a new discounted ticket that went on sale this morning. The Resident 2-Day 1-Park per Day ticket offers Southern California / Northern Baja California residents* admission to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure on one day, and then a second visit to the same or the other park on another day on or before May 14, 2011. Unlike the "2Fer" ticket usually offered at this time of year, you can use both days of this ticket at the same theme park, or visit one park one day and the other park on the second day. The ticket is $99.00 for ages 3-and up. You can also upgrade the ticket to a park-hopper for an additional $10, a savings of up to $52 compared to the box office price of a two-day park-hopper ticket.

The ticket can be purchased online at Disneyland.com, and printed from home for immediate use, and is also available at the Disneyland Resort ticket booths. You can also purchase the ticket at participating Disney Stores and authorized third party ticket outlets, including many local grocery stores. There is no "fuse" on this ticket, which means you can use the first admission today and wait until May to use the second admission, but the ticket must be purchased by April 15, 2011 and the ticket expires May 14, 2011. There are no blockout dates for this ticket.

Keep in mind that Disney states "proof of residency required for purchase and admission," but MousePlanet readers who purchased these tickets from off-property retailers last year consistently reported that they were not required to provide proof of residency at the time of purchase. However, be aware that Disneyland Resort Main Gate cast members can—and may—require proof of residency when you first use the tickets. Whether this will happen to you is an oft-debated topic on our MousePad discussion boards, but we feel it would be irresponsible for us to not at least make our readers aware of the "official" policy, regardless of what the park's actual practice may be.

*Now for the fine print:

Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for purchase and admission. The Resident 2-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket entitles Guests to admittance to either Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure™ Park each day for two days. This ticket is not valid for visits to both theme parks on the same day. The first visit must occur on or before May 14, 2011. Tickets may only be purchased between January 2, 2011 and April 14, 2011.

disney42dude
01-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Question...is there no fuse or does the second day need to be used within 30 days? Thanks for the info!

Malcon10t
01-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Question...is there no fuse or does the second day need to be used within 30 days? Thanks for the info!

In AVP's post she says no fuse, but both days must be used by May 14.

houseofmouse
01-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Funny how a year ago you could get a 3 day hopper for 99.00 for So.Cal. Which was during summer.

disney42dude
01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
then a second visit to the same or the other park on another day within 30 days of the first visit.

This is what confused me.

disney42dude
01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Funny how a year ago you could get a 3 day hopper for 99.00 for So.Cal. Which was during summer.

Yup. Good sign that the economy's getting better and there's more demand. Also a good crowd control measure with all the construction at DCA.

olegc
01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
not that I really question anything posted by AVP - but reading the ticket page on Disneyland.com there is no mention of using the 2nd ticket within 30 days of the 1st use.

TICKET PAGE (https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/TicketTrans?storeID=DLR&category=DLR_RES_OFRS&ticketGroupID=DLR_TG_SO_2011Q2_L_2D1P&moreInfo=1&&tokens=CgtdOYA754PDGN1PRFH5T17%2FPbr%2BK7dXjezEEHc NDEcTa9p11eIHOsdCxsuKxFcEghjPxNhQEN%2B%2F28JPAyVoC ITJeF4bRzGVo8NgzGxwgnPPybjPp2RUnNaVF05Zj0hsfFAgH45 1KZpHW0Aprbfcoq9w2M%2BvBZxntUtbbDk9RCU6CwhimP9mX2F CP6oYysZDBgYuEJKChUAFWOwojdNVgtXOGGwhFGTr8Ok%2FYCY uSZp3fQJNND2i6oNLXdRpV9xBqK41efrhbHACVke0QLlTbJPKX xBQz9MLpzVB5Pi7yfHMtHOINuREh7rp2JvCSWifTJeP0wiAe1o GBvbAIcMShgXWsyysiZEfVbxvXbv0TWDENqA5yuPWUO%2FOGUo wzJpSDIAYsehx%2BS8R7qy5kR7FWycByaH4L5FPDIAYsehx%2B S%2FWUn%2FSL7KBhpJXZzP%2Bp7NkmLTZT7SNkofInqqdNL2iJ qQ8SueoOYGlIwXI%2FMHxjmjNqzaQyysf%2B8HckI8Y8XXcnuI Whxo8%2FgP47gpxyEfaFLy%2Fgek9Oy35LExNwiZpMvMY29kyo rFzJpOJOe8IZFIlZO5hxNs7sRRsl7824sWRWLHh3F4bmaRI4Fb UOFeiIQHVneSiVNAilVmCQO9j%2FCpAuQz0AcJShck%3D)

AVP
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
It's an error, I'll fix it.

AVP

olegc
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I am still thinking about that 30 day thing. I can see where it may have come from - you have to buy the ticket by April 14th, and the first use must occur by may 14th - but it says nothing about second use.

HOWEVER

I know in the past the actual terms of use were printed on the ticket and for whatever reason Disney did not post the terms on a public web page. So before I go tell everyone to buy this and then save the second day for Christmas - I wonder if we can get a confirmation on expiration from the Disneyland Resort.

AVP
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
So before I go tell everyone to buy this and then save the second day for Christmas - I wonder if we can get a confirmation on expiration from the Disneyland Resort. I'm not sure what you mean by saving the second day for Christmas.

You have to buy the ticket by April 14th. You have to use it by May 14th. The page you linked to on the Disneyland Web site clearly says that the ticket "Valid now through May 14, 2011." That's it. You must use the ticket by May 14th, or you lose it. If you only use one day by May 14th, you forfeit the other day.

AVP

olegc
01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by saving the second day for Christmas.

You have to buy the ticket by April 14th. You have to use it by May 14th. The page you linked to on the Disneyland Web site clearly says that the ticket "Valid now through May 14, 2011." That's it. You must use the ticket by May 14th, or you lose it. If you only use one day by May 14th, you forfeit the other day.

AVP

what's throwing me is the wording "The first visit must occur on or before May 14, 2011. Tickets may only be purchased between January 2, 2011 and April 14, 2011." so having both "Valid until May 14th" and "first visit by May 14th" seem to conflict depending on how you interpret the wording...

AVP
01-03-2011, 10:41 AM
what's throwing me is the wording "The first visit must occur on or before May 14, 2011. Tickets may only be purchased between January 2, 2011 and April 14, 2011." so having both "Valid until May 14th" and "first visit by May 14th" seem to conflict depending on how you interpret the wording...You can definitely call Disneyland and see if someone there agrees with your interpretation of the wording, but I think it's pretty clear that you have to buy the ticket by April 14 and use it up by May 14. Sure, they should have said first use must be by the 13th and the ticket expires on the 14th, but they were probably basing the verbage on last year's contract. I don't see any possible wiggle room for an interpretation that would let you buy the ticket before April 14, use one admission before May 14, and use the second admission in December.

AVP

cstephens
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
what's throwing me is the wording "The first visit must occur on or before May 14, 2011. Tickets may only be purchased between January 2, 2011 and April 14, 2011." so having both "Valid until May 14th" and "first visit by May 14th" seem to conflict depending on how you interpret the wording...

It's not a conflict since the first visit has to be BY May 14, but it's only good UNTIL May 14, so if you choose to buy the ticket and use it for the first time ON May 14, you then forfeit the second visit that would have been available to you. I do think it's partly redundant to have both statements. I wonder if it means that if you were to purchase the ticket but not actually use it, you can't then ask for a refund of the ticket, since it says that first use has to be by May 14, 2011. If you don't make that visit, you've ostensibly breached the terms of the ticket.

The "valid until May 14, 2011" definitely makes sense because you cannot in any way use the ticket after May 14, 2011.

olegc
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't see any possible wiggle room for an interpretation that would let you buy the ticket before April 14, use one admission before May 14, and use the second admission in December.

AVP

not looking for wiggle room - just clear and obvious contractual verbiage - for once...

adriennek
01-03-2011, 05:27 PM
NBC4 in Los Angeles just goobered up this story SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so they just reported that Disneyland RAISED the price of the 2-day single park ticket from $72 to $99.

Uhm, no... that's not the story, Chuck, Ol' Boy.

:faceslap:

Adrienne

olegc
01-03-2011, 06:06 PM
NBC4 in Los Angeles just goobered up this story SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so they just reported that Disneyland RAISED the price of the 2-day single park ticket from $72 to $99.

Uhm, no... that's not the story, Chuck, Ol' Boy.

:faceslap:

Adrienne

i have seen lots of quotes (some posted in the MP news feed) correctly that the "deal" is priced higher this year than last. It's a different deal but I can see where effectively it's not a 2-fer and it is more money. However, Chuck stating the above was just kind of wrong.... - then again, when you're not clear in your distribution of info (and use twitter like crazy too) what can you expect?

olegc
01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
actually, i just wish they would follow their new t-shirt lead and make DCA a "land" or an attraction to Disneyland during all of this construction. Why not make park hopper free for So cal residents if you buy Disneyland? well, rhetorical question, since I know they want you to come back a second time and spend more food and souvenir money. It still would be a nice deal, though.. (though I guess you spend less money overall for two days park hopper at $109).

houseofmouse
01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I read that article in the OC Register and laughed.
Why don't you call and ask what the details are Olegc?

Mx5racer
01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know?
Can these be upgraded to an anual pass?

Drince88
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
In the past, you've been able to upgrade these types of tickets - with a few points:

You have to upgrade to a more expensive ticket (not a problem here)
You only get credit for the amount you paid, not the 'worth' of a 2 day park hopper (so that $52 savings AVP mentions in the original post - does you no good)
You generally will have your pass dated to the day you first used it (though there've been reports of CMs dating it to the date you upgrade - consider that a bonus if it happens)

In this case, I don't see why you wouldn't just buy the AP to begin with.
What was your thinking on that? I may have missed something.

Mx5racer
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
If I buy the 2 fer I could get 2 sundays and then upgrade to the lowest pass that would not allow any Sundays

Drince88
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Ahhhh, THAT sounds like a great reason to upgrade! :)