PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve 2010-2011

olegc
12-31-2010, 07:11 AM
wow - just saw a shot from Main St (8:10am) of the building crowd. Good luck to all those who will brave the parks today! Happy New Year!

dznyphreak
12-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Checked MouseWait just now and it says there's a 90-minute wait for the Matterhorn. I'm having a hard time picturing that...where does the line go once it's wrapped around the mountain? That's only about 45 minutes IIRC...

I, my sister, and brother-in-law are heading out to DCA for lunch and a little bit of shopping (her Disney Rewards card expires today). I'm hoping things aren't crazy yet on that side of the esplanade.

olegc
12-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Checked MouseWait just now and it says there's a 90-minute wait for the Matterhorn. I'm having a hard time picturing that...where does the line go once it's wrapped around the mountain? That's only about 45 minutes IIRC...

I, my sister, and brother-in-law are heading out to DCA for lunch and a little bit of shopping (her Disney Rewards card expires today). I'm hoping things aren't crazy yet on that side of the esplanade.

they actually do a switchback on the back side of the mountain (the path between Alice and TOmorrowland) - and they can probably extend it.

good luck - if they closed DCA to new entry at 11am the other day I would think today would be the same.

moofeet
12-31-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm going to try to go later today in the evening. By the way, it should be FREEZING tonight so bundle up if you're headed out there!!

jananafish
12-31-2010, 12:08 PM
not going today, but ummmm it was 35 degrees when I woke up this morning! last night I was there and it was in the very low 40s. if you don't bring anything warm be prepared to hit the shops to buy blankets!

Malcon10t
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Dca hasnt closed this week. As of 4pm both parks were at level 1 meaning they werent even checking handstamps. Park doesnt feel that crowdd. Indy is a 90 min wait. Potc was walk on 20 mins ago.

As for mattrhorn, they have the line doubled along the nemo line side.

aidensdaddy
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
As for mattrhorn, they have the line doubled along the nemo line side.

That doesn't make sense, being that there is more room on the other side. Being on the Nemo side creates a traffic bottleneck.

moofeet
01-01-2011, 01:10 PM
So I went last night around 830pm and it was FANTASTIC!!! No wait at all to get in the parks and it was nowhere near as packed as the last day I was there when it was at capacity. Even the bus ride from the Toy Story parking was was super fast! Had SO much fun at Flynns Arcade. Walked onto Monsters Inc, then headed over to Disneyland and walked onto Pirates, Haunted Mansion (last ride of 2010) and Indiana Jones (1st ride of 2011)!! Stood over in the Rivers of America area for the countdown and watched the awesome fireworks show! Had a Blast!! :D

aidensdaddy
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
So I went last night around 830pm and it was FANTASTIC!!! No wait at all to get in the parks and it was nowhere near as packed as the last day I was there when it was at capacity. Even the bus ride from the Toy Story parking was was super fast! Had SO much fun at Flynns Arcade. Walked onto Monsters Inc, then headed over to Disneyland and walked onto Pirates, Haunted Mansion (last ride of 2010) and Indiana Jones (1st ride of 2011)!! Stood over in the Rivers of America area for the countdown and watched the awesome fireworks show! Had a Blast!! :D

Well I guess for once, the thought of it being overcrowded, was enough to keep people away. Also it being cold may have had a play in it. Was the park giving out party hats and horns like they have in the past?

moofeet
01-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes they were. They had tons. I got mine over by Thunder Ranch. They had a table set up with lots to give away. Again, Awesome time! :D

Malcon10t
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
That doesn't make sense, being that there is more room on the other side. Being on the Nemo side creates a traffic bottleneck.

Thw other side is the parade route. They shut that entire side down by 1pm. They loop the line then load both sides from 1 line.

aidensdaddy
01-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Thw other side is the parade route. They shut that entire side down by 1pm. They loop the line then load both sides from 1 line.

Well that makes better sense. Any other time of the year, the line for the Matterhorn isn't as long and is barely 20 minutes.

cstephens
01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
We went back into Disneyland at about 11:15pm, after a movie and dinner in DTD. We went to Small World Mall. They had the front part of the upper section (right by Small World) blocked off, presumably because of the wind and fear of any falling ash from the fireworks. We stood there last year (right behind the DJ stage), so we were a little further back on the upper section this year. They did a fireworks countdown to midnight (one individual white firework for each remaining second starting at T-10), and then they launched into the midnight fireworks, which were spectacular. They also had these little red fireworks that had a LOT of motion - very cool. We saw fireworks coming off the castle as well but couldn't tell where the other massive fireworks were coming from until the husband realized it must be coming from DCA, based on where the fireworks were coming from and a picture of a live feed from DCA. I don't recall them having fireworks on NYE in the past.

Before we went outside, I kept hearing how freezing it was, but I didn't think it was that bad, although I did have a scarf, gloves and a heavy jacket. After the fireworks, we hung out there for a bit and then went on Small World Holiday and then wandered around a bit, and that's when I started to feel the cold. We left shortly after 1am to go back to our hotel.

JunJunM3
01-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Tried NYE for the 1st time at DCA and it was awesome. The Fountains and Fireworks display leading up to the first WoC of 2011 was simply spectacular.

Doug
01-03-2011, 12:24 PM
It was my first time at DLR for NYE. I was up at 4:30a to get to work early, so I could leave early. Got to DLR about 4:30p. Enjoyed ElecTRONica as always. My friend had not see the Tron preview (I have seen the movie 2x so far, she has yet to see it), she really seemed to enjoy it! One thing that amazed me about NYE at Disneyland was how festive the mood was! Even the CM's where dancing! Main street was like a party, like ELecTRONica, but with more 'organic', rather that cold music. It was a total blast!! I keep reliving it in my mind! I sure hope I can go next year! We left about 1:47a...... Disneyland should be open until 2am every day!!

Does anyone know how many people where in the park?