PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Alpha1mom
05-01-2003, 04:38 AM
we flood "Cindy's" email addy with complaints about the
closure of the Main Street shops after the park closes.
We come once a year and we save all the extra money we can just to shop on Main Street after hours!!! This is the best part of our trip? (we spend alot of money)

I can't believe thay see this as what, a cost saving measure??

Does anyone have Cindy's email addy??

Klutch
05-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Alpha1mom,

While I'm certain your intentions are noble, I don't think that's a very nice thing to do. If we did get her email address, the system administrators would just shut down or rename her account.

Sometimes we forget that Disneyland is a privately owned resort. They can do with it what they wish. If it was a country club, which is how we sometimes see it, we would hold a vesting interest in the property and how it is run and maintained.

Nevertheless, as Disneyland guests and annual passholders, we can politely express our displeasure with policies through well-written letters and comment cards at Guest Relations.

In fact, I think people too often forget these days how effective a carefully crafted, old-fashioned snail mail letter can be. Again, we should be polite. We shoud also be to the point and at the same time complimentary. Just like your example, write, "My family and I have enjoyed Disneyland's wonderful entertainment and attractions for two generations. We are very disappointed we can no longer shop on Main Street after official closing. Our past purchases have added up to thousands of dollars..." etc.

Onward with the power of the pen! :)

zapppop
05-01-2003, 06:35 AM
I suggest.....

cstephens
05-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Alpha1mom
Does anyone have Cindy's email addy??

Who's Cindy?

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I think she's talking about Cynthia H.

Morrigoon
05-01-2003, 02:52 PM
LOL, it took me a minute to figure that out too ;)

Andrew
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
I thought it was something like cindy.r.ella@phillip.mk (what the heck is the TLD for the Magic Kingdom, anyway?)

familyoffive
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Actually, stockholders DO have a say in the operations and can provide feedback. The management team is responsible to the stockholders to earn as much return as possible. Unlike a country club, Disney is required to control costs and provide return on investment. Country clubs can increase dues to cover expenses for members.

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 03:34 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with writing letters to Cynthia to express customer dissatisfaction about a new policy. It helps her do her job better, if she knows what people want, and takes it into account. :)