PDA

View Full Version : Another Downtown Disney Store to Close [Anne Geddes]

Pages : [1] 2

aidensdaddy
12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
First came Illuminations, then Starabilias, and now another DD original is closing it's doors........

Photographer Anne Geddes‘ only signature store is set to close early next year in Downtown Disney in Anaheim.

The store, called Anne Geddes, has been open in Downtown Disney for about five years, said Gary Brown, chief operating officer for the Geddes Group.

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2010/12/10/exclusive-downtown-disney-store-set-to-close/63820/

stan4d_steph
12-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, MousePlanet reported on this back on December 13 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9472/Disneyland_Resort_Update#newsTnT).

I'm not surprised. Those baby dolls creeped me out.

aidensdaddy
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes, MousePlanet reported on this back on December 13 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9472/Disneyland_Resort_Update#newsTnT).

Oh so there was another thread about it. Sorry about that. I searched for it first but couldn't find it so I posted this thread. You may close it if you like. :)

Edited to Add - So it wasn't a thread exactly, just a news article about it.

Drince88
12-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I didn't think this was an ORIGINAL Downtown Disney store, though. Or did you mean original - as in - not a chain with a lot of other locations?

Mermaid
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Totally. We call this the "creepy baby store."

aidensdaddy
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't think this was an ORIGINAL Downtown Disney store, though. Or did you mean original - as in - not a chain with a lot of other locations?

I considered it an original because I thought it opened when DD opened, and I don't remember any other store being there before it. But apparently I was wrong on it being there since 2001.

TowerofTerror
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
wow what a bummer the economy is hurting all business. hope another shop ill come after the storre closes

aidensdaddy
12-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Totally. We call this the "creepy baby store."

Wanna talk about creepy babies?

Try walking down the toy aisle at Target that has all the dolls on it that are motion activated. You'll be walking down the aisle looking at/for something else, and all of a sudden those things start moving. Really freaky! :eek:

fairestoneofall
12-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Their stuff is so crazy over-priced, it doesn't surprise me much.

Grandpa Louie
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Me too.

TRON
12-29-2010, 04:51 PM
One store that won't be missed by me or my family. ;)

lulubelle
12-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Me either. As a frequent visitor of DLR and DTD, I can honestly say I have never stepped foot into their doors. I just hope something cool replaces them. Does anyone remember what was there before AG? I have forgotten. :confused:

aidensdaddy
12-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Me either. As a frequent visitor of DLR and DTD, I can honestly say I have never stepped foot into their doors. I just hope something cool replaces them. Does anyone remember what was there before AG? I have forgotten. :confused:

I don't think anything was there. I clearly do not remember anything being there before AG.

Disneylandfanguy
12-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I have to agree with most people here.

I can't say that I mind to see the place close. It wasen't a very good fit for Downtown Disney.

Drince88
12-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Does anyone remember what was there before AG? I have forgotten. :confused:

I just looked it up and found this (http://www.mouseplanet.com/6570/Disneyland_Park_Update) from August 2005:

...It looks like the empty space in Downtown Disney (caused by the closure of MainSpring, last April) will be filled by two stores: Anne Geddes, which sells designer baby clothes, and Sunglass Icon, a division of Oakley.

PoomShanka
12-30-2010, 08:43 AM
My husband referred to it as the "Dumb babies-in-flower-pots store".

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Thats a bummer. I loved their clothing when my DD was a baby.

aidensdaddy
12-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Thats a bummer. I loved their clothing when my DD was a baby.

Well you're the first one on this thread who is disappointed. Everyone else doesn't care for the store.

potzbie
12-30-2010, 06:55 PM

I agree.

The Addams Family and the Munsters must be their primary market.

The first think I think of when I walk past that store front window is the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." -- "The pod people are here. And they are growing their own, instead of taking over existing bodies."
Talk about Cabbage Patch Kids! :eek:

Wombat66
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Here's a fun read from a few years ago:
The Horror that is the Anne Geddes Store (http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17476&forum=6)

aidensdaddy
01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Here's a fun read from a few years ago:
The Horror that is the Anne Geddes Store (http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17476&forum=6)

I laughed out loud at this one.....

Here is a book about Celine Dion. From what people have told me, Celine Dion is a singer from Canada who was the first woman ever to give birth to an actual baby. To celebrate this unique achievement, Anne Geddes devoted an entire book to her motherhood. This book is "magnificent" according to one of the salespeople. I did not want to disagree with the child-bearing achievements of Celine Dion, so I just nodded enthusiastically.

potzbie
01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Here is a book about Celine Dion. From what people have told me, Celine Dion is a singer from Canada who was the first woman ever to give birth to an actual baby.

Which reminds me . . .

Anne Geddes, if nothing else, has pushed the envelope even further.

It used to be a woman's choice -- to have children or not.

Thanks to the retail establishment of Ms. Geddes, and her book on Celine Dion, the new question of choice is:

(a.) live birth
vs.
(b.) laying eggs

As a mammal, with rights, a woman is free to choose #a or #b.
:confused:

Me? I am studying to be a kangaroo when I grow up.
:)

aidensdaddy
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Which reminds me . . .

Anne Geddes, if nothing else, has pushed the envelope even further.

It used to be a woman's choice -- to have children or not.

Thanks to the retail establishment of Ms. Geddes, and her book on Celine Dion, the new question of choice is:

(a.) live birth
vs.
(b.) laying eggs

As a mammal, with rights, a woman is free to choose #a or #b.
:confused:

Me? I am studying to be a kangaroo when I grow up.
:)

lmao!

DwarfPlanet
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Their stuff is so crazy over-priced, it doesn't surprise me much.

That seems to be most the stores in DTD.

shna
01-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I was so creeped out by the artwork that I never even realized they sold clothes in there. I always figured they just sold the artwork.

*shudder* Creeeeeepy babies!!!

ETA: That article was very funny ... and disturbing. I'm glad I never walked into the store. I might have run out, screaming.

Do people actually BUY that creepy stuff? I can't quite get the chills to stop running up and down my spine.