PDA

View Full Version : Fewer Photopass Photographers?

Doombuggy1932
12-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Has anyone noticed the declining numbers of photopass photographers (or the complete lack thereof)? I understand it is obviously a lot cheaper to just take your own camera/photos, but ive had lots of times where idiots take my family's picture, only to find that half of us are cut out, not centered, etc. I usually just buy the CD for the $50 knowing that the pictures will look good.

However, over the last couple of years, it has been difficult at time to even find photographers. There are the typical spots, front gate (sometimes...) Main Street in front of the train station, partners statue, and snow white castle. But i remember when there were photopass photographers throughout the entire park.

I was especially annoyed at the fact that during my recent trip (Dec. 13-18), i couldnt find a single photopass photographer in front of the castle after dark, when the castle was all lit up and at its most "photogenic."

I was just wondering if anyone else was starting to get as frustrated as i am with the decline in photopass services over the last few years.

Boo's Mommy
12-27-2010, 05:36 PM
YES! I said the same thing this last trip (week after thanksgiving).

I asked the Photopass photographer we found by Paradise Pier (on the second day of looking there) and she said that no, they are all out. But she kept taking the pic in front of a tree blocking the Pier background and wouldn't move to the Pier itself so we can have the rides in the background. Don't know why, she said no, it had to be in front of the tree.

It is odd...they used to be EVERYWHERE! I couldnt' get any in front of the castle or down Main Street or by the Statue because the line for the photopass guy was too long!

ChipmunkStar
12-27-2010, 08:23 PM
There are the typical spots, front gate (sometimes...) Main Street in front of the train station, partners statue, and snow white castle.

Edit: Sleeping Beauty Castle.

meganelizzzabeth
12-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I was especially annoyed at the fact that during my recent trip (Dec. 13-18), i couldnt find a single photopass photographer in front of the castle after dark, when the castle was all lit up and at its most "photogenic."

I went the first weekend of December and noticed that lack of photographers as well. We did find one in front of the castle at night, but when I looked online the pictures weren't on the card! I'm a little upset because I was really looking forward to those pictures.

lola2009
12-28-2010, 08:51 AM
We were there Dec 18-20, during the big rainstorm and they didn't have any photopass people out. I understand the cameras could get ruined in the rain but they should have them at all the alternative character locations. Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore were over by Hungry Bear Restaurant, they could have set up someone over there. And in CA they had tons of characters in the Animation building, they should have had someone in there. We got very few pictures taken by a photopass photographer.:(

olegc
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Has anyone noticed the declining numbers of photopass photographers (or the complete lack thereof)?
edit
However, over the last couple of years, it has been difficult at time to even find photographers. There are the typical spots, front gate (sometimes...) Main Street in front of the train station, partners statue, and snow white castle. But i remember when there were photopass photographers throughout the entire park.

I was just wondering if anyone else was starting to get as frustrated as i am with the decline in photopass services over the last few years.

I really did not notice that much of a decline. I will say that if there are a lot of crowds that they won't increase the number of photographers - so, example, in front of SBC they only have 3 even if it's VERY crowded. I still see them at Small World, Pooh Corner, Street side of the Christmas Tree. However, I really have not seen them all spread out over the park in a long time. I mean years...

Now, for evenings, since the fireworks now start at 840 I noticed they block off the castle at around 6 or 630 and don't allow folks to walk IN, only walk OUT. We hopped the rope on 11/24 and asked a photopass CM still there to take our shot - but it was a zoo.