PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at Capacity 12/27 and 12/28

Toocherie
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
A couple of people on a Disney blog on Facebook are posting that Disneyland has stopped admitting guests because it has reached capacity. Any MousePlanet folks there?

Malcon10t
12-27-2010, 03:23 PM
A couple of people on a Disney blog on Facebook are posting that Disneyland has stopped admitting guests because it has reached capacity. Any MousePlanet folks there?Yup, it is PACKED. We left. 11am, FP for Space is for 10pm. 100 min wait for Matterhorn, 80 for Space, 2 hours for Indy!

SigalTchelet
12-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Yup, it is PACKED. We left. 11am, FP for Space is for 10pm. 100 min wait for Matterhorn, 80 for Space, 2 hours for Indy!

That sure does not sound fun at all! Hope you were able to get on a few rides today!

janell
12-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Yup, it is PACKED. We left. 11am, FP for Space is for 10pm. 100 min wait for Matterhorn, 80 for Space, 2 hours for Indy!

Wow, those waits and you left at 11:00am. Seems the rain last week, put off locals till this week. Its going to be a busy one.

disney42dude
12-27-2010, 09:35 PM
At 1 p.m., it took a half hour to get into Mickey and Friends. The signs at the parking booths read "Disneyland Tickets Sold Out - California Adventure Tickets Available." A lot of people were exiting the structure once they read the sign. I got into DL fine with my AP. It was extremely busy, but fun. I mainly wanted to shop, but went on the Mark Twain to take pics of the crowds. Then hopped over and did Soarin single rider, then hopped back and did Indy single rider, did my shopping and left. When exiting at 5 p.m., signs around the resort read "Theme Parks Full."

Malcon10t
12-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, posted too fast. At 11am, the Fastpasses were for 1045pm. We left the park at 2pm. When we went back at about 430-445p, DL was at a turnstile closing, and they were telling people it should reopen after the parade. We headed to DCA, grabbed a table at the Cove Bar and had nachos and a margarita. Had dinner a bit later at Ariels, then off to World of Color for the 915p show. Then back to the room!

janell
12-28-2010, 05:49 AM
No worries Malcon10t. :)

Are the natchos good at Cove Var? I ask because we may do what you did if we can't get back into DL.:)

Malcon10t
12-28-2010, 07:03 AM
No worries Malcon10t. :)

Are the natchos good at Cove Var? I ask because we may do what you did if we can't get back into DL.:)
We like them. They are lobster nachos.

olegc
12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Today's DL update posts some good advice - Today (tue) and Thu-Sat will be PACKED! If you must go, plan on hanging out and doing only a few things. MouseWait posted a pic of the waitboard yesterday (or was it Monday) - wow! with some of the rides down it made the remainder really take a beating. Nothing shorter than 45 min or so. most over 1 hour.

SigalTchelet
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Today's DL update posts some good advice - Today (tue) and Thu-Sat will be PACKED! If you must go, plan on hanging out and doing only a few things. MouseWait posted a pic of the waitboard yesterday (or was it Monday) - wow! with some of the rides down it made the remainder really take a beating. Nothing shorter than 45 min or so. most over 1 hour.

Mousewait has posted The MouseWait Crowd Index is at 100/100 because they are currently restricting access to Disneyland, watch the Lounge for breaking news and that was a little after 11 am. I am thinking it is at capacity. Wow!

Malcon10t
12-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Only readmits allowed. A lot of security at gate. It is needed. Witnessed a couple nasty interactions in my few mins there.

moofeet
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
News Outlets are picking up on the story now

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/12/28/disneyland-fills-up-for-second-day-straight/

olegc
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM
News Outlets are picking up on the story now

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/12/28/disneyland-fills-up-for-second-day-straight/

hmm - as a sidebar they used a stock image of HK Disneyland's castle..

aidensdaddy
12-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Insane! I am glad that I chose to stay away this week.

But just a note to anyone who want to stay away, be advised. Per Disneyland's schedule, the off season hours begin January 3rd. And the Haunted Mansion goes down for removal of the Holiday Overlay on January 3rd. Anyone who wants to see Jack Skellington and his friends may want to brave the massive crowds before then. Or they'll have to wait till next Fall.

DisneyIndy
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow that's the first time I've heard them not letting people in because they reached capacity. It must be packed!

aidensdaddy
12-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow that's the first time I've heard them not letting people in because they reached capacity. It must be packed!

I believe it is a requirement from the Fire Department. Though that number, whatever it may be, should be a lot lower for safety reasons. It gets way too crowded there at times where it's only shoulder to shoulder. And sometimes Disney does particular things to add to the mess & bottlenecks.

janell
12-28-2010, 07:07 PM
I believe it is a requirement from the Fire Department. Though that number, whatever it may be, should be a lot lower for safety reasons. It gets way too crowded there at times where it's only shoulder to shoulder. And sometimes Disney does particular things to add to the mess & bottlenecks.

I agree, the number should be lower. Ive been on Main Street when its been packed and you can't even move. There is no way if you had to get out of the park fast, you could.

I wish when the parks were this packed, that guest would be nice to each other. We all want to have fun, we know we wont get a lot done. But if people were nice, the day would be so much better.

Autopia Guy
12-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I believe it is a requirement from the Fire Department. Though that number, whatever it may be, should be a lot lower for safety reasons.

Compared to what they used to allow in park like 15 years ago, the number now a days is a LOT lower...

Malcon10t
12-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow that's the first time I've heard them not letting people in because they reached capacity. It must be packed!It happens most years during this time. I remember in 2000, every day between Christmas and New Years had turnstile closures. Its just not reported all the time.

olegc
12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
It happens most years during this time. I remember in 2000, every day between Christmas and New Years had turnstile closures. Its just not reported all the time.

and back in 2000 we did not have Twitter, iPhones, twitpic, etc to let so many people know what was going on right now... and that means at some point it gets to the media as well.

olegc
12-29-2010, 06:33 AM
this morning I was thinking about all the press coverage, etc about the closing of the gates - and the perceived tone i hear in the reports - from local news kind of like "can you believe it".. and two things came to mind..

1) the price hike in january may be more significant
2) this huge rush of folks, due in part to weather as well, has no impact from any annual passes other than PAP..

i can't believe there are that many PAPs to fill up the park - so this madhouse is made up of vacationers and local day visitors... wow. Maybe that's why a couple of incidents of anger heated up outside the gates. I think there still must be people who climb in the car and drive down to the park oblivious to the news and info about crowds that we all take for granted by hanging out here on MP.

wwomant
12-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Last year we were there the 28-30, and it reached capacity on the 28th and 29th. But, we camed prepared for the crowds, and honestly it wasn't that big of a deal to us. We had a good time.