PDA

View Full Version : Just made reservations!

Pages : [1] 2

Pat-n-Eil
04-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Nothing important, just happy because we made reservations to go to Disneyland. We're going during Thanksgiving week - arriving on Tuesday and leaving on Friday.

I have some questions:
Is this a particularly busy time for Disneyland?
Do they do anything special for Thanksgiving?
(aside from the holiday stuff)

We are splurging this time and staying at the Grand Californian with a theme park view - do they do anything special there for Thanksgiving?

The new special Fastpass will be included, does this mean I can get as many Fastpasses (for different rides) as I can, or just one more.. (like 1 for Soarin' Over California and another for Grizzly River Rapids)?

QueenofHearts
04-30-2003, 04:05 PM
We were there for the Wednesday before and on Thanksgiving day last year and it was crowded, but the long hours, great weather, full holiday decorations and theming made up for it. We had a amazing time, despite the LONG lines.
You can have traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Blue Bayou, and I'm sure other places. I was amazed at how many other people also chose not to do a family Thanksgiving at home (or maybe they came before or after dinner).

We're going all next week!!! YEAH! So excited!!!

experiment626
04-30-2003, 07:59 PM
It will be crowded, no doubt about that. The only thing "special" that I can think of is that they have "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner at several locations.

By "special" fastpass are you talking about the Passport Plus w/ unlimited FP? If so you should be able to get one FP for each FP attraction.

JPIVERSON
05-01-2003, 09:47 AM
The FastPass Plus is the GREATEST thing. You can have multiple fastpasses at the same time. They just can't be for the same ride. Everytime my family and I walked past a fastpass station, we picked some up. We would go back later in the day and move right to the front. We were there over spring break, and never waited more that 10 minutes for a ride that offered fastpass. We even went back hours after the end time of the fastpass, and the cm would take them saying "better late than never". I strongly recommend getting the fastpass plus before your trip, we got ours through AAA.

tjrj
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
We were at the GCH a week later than that last year. And they already had their awe-inspiring Christmas tree up, complete with a great Santa elf(we all know that the REAL Santa is at the North Pole, right?;) ) and in the evening they had carolers complete in Dickens era costumes.

hazlnut
05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Talk about planning in advance...

It's amazing what they do to the resort for the holidays. The amount of lights, Mickey-ear wreaths, and other decor is awesome. It's why Disney truly is the best.

GC has story time for the kids in the afternoon and evening.

One thing we did at the Grand Floridian in WDW was go to a Gingerbread House class, after which, all the creations were put on display in the lobby. My wife and I stood over ours saying, “Look what these people did! How ingenious!"

Anyway, GC is great about that sort of thing. Every day they slip a list of fun classes and other things to do under your door.

As far as the crowds... Hopefully, by then, magic mornings will be back. But you can always avoid the mid-day mobs if you're willing to get up and get going early in the a.m. Come back to your room around 11, snack, take a nap, go swimming, then head back over to the park and see a show or a parade in the afternoon...

That's our M.O.

Enjoy!

hazlnut
05-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by experiment626
By "special" fastpass are you talking about the Passport Plus w/ unlimited FP? If so you should be able to get one FP for each FP attraction.

Wait, wait, wait...

What's this? Is it new?

How much and where do I sign up?

experiment626
05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
The 5 for the price of 3 Passport Plus is (I think) $123.75 for adults, it includes the unlimted FP, $10 ESPN Zone Card, & one breakfast in the park (value $8.75 - can be applied to any restaurant or meal). The only "downside" is the $13.25 S&H per order regardless of the # of tickets you purchase.

You can get them through your local AAA (if a member) or from Walt Disney Travel Company. Both cost the same and include the same "perks."

hazlnut
05-01-2003, 02:15 PM
What if you're an AP holder?

How do you get the unlimited FP?

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 02:37 PM
You can't.

experiment626
05-01-2003, 07:01 PM
unfortunetly the only way to get the unlimited FP is to purchase the passport plus.

QueenofHearts
05-01-2003, 09:07 PM
I didn't get a free breakfast in the park. I got the 5 for 3 hopper package from WDT. I wonder why. (We go on Monday)

experiment626
05-02-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
I didn't get a free breakfast in the park. I got the 5 for 3 hopper package from WDT. I wonder why. (We go on Monday)
Not all 5 for 3 hoppers come with the breakfast and other extra's. If you purchased a package deal that comes with hotel and tickets, you will get the basic 5 for 3. The only way to get the breakfast, ESPN, and unlimited FP is to get the passport plus package, which in effect is only the hoppers and extras.

Toady The Eighth
05-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by experiment626
unfortunetly the only way to get the unlimited FP is to purchase the passport plus.

Actually, any AAA Package throught the Walt Disney Travel Company has the Unlimited Fastpass. Not just passport plus.

ESS Heckler
05-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Annual Passholders don't have the unlimited Fast Pass Option?

I just bought ny AP in Feb, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. I thought that APs DID have the unlimited FP option.

Was I sadly mistaken??

Toady The Eighth
05-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kimkinney
Annual Passholders don't have the unlimited Fast Pass Option?

I just bought ny AP in Feb, and that's one of the reasons I bought it. I thought that APs DID have the unlimited FP option.

Was I sadly mistaken??

Yep, unfortunately AP's do not get the unlimited Fastpass option.

ESS Heckler
05-02-2003, 09:18 AM
:confused:

:(:eek:

ESS Heckler
05-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Honestly, if I had been aware of that, I wouldn't have gotten the AP.

Toady The Eighth
05-02-2003, 09:38 AM
That's no good... I'm sorry :(

ESS Heckler
05-02-2003, 10:20 AM
One last question on this (I promise) - no unlimited Fastpass even for the Premium Annual Pass. I do have the Premium Pass. I'm going to DLR next week - I suppose I'll find for sure then !

mad4mky
05-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by kimkinney
One last question on this (I promise) - no unlimited Fastpass even for the Premium Annual Pass. I do have the Premium Pass. I'm going to DLR next week - I suppose I'll find for sure then !

Nope...not even for the Premium. :(

**This is why you should always read the "fine print", before buying...

hazlnut
05-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I guess it's time to write a letter.

"love using our APs... heard about something called unlimited fastpass... Premium passort should include...etc. etc."

if that doesn't work then...

please, please, please... the sun, the sun... it burns my bald head... please, mister, gimme magic fastpass...

ESS Heckler
05-02-2003, 11:48 AM
I guess I'm going to have to go back and re-read those threads about which attractions are not 'connected'. :(

And if I can figure out to whom to address such a letter, you can bet I will.

Gosh Darn it , drat, Dag Nab It......

mad4mky
05-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by hazlnut
I guess it's time to write a letter.

"love using our APs... heard about something called unlimited fastpass... Premium passort should include...etc. etc."

Yeah, and then, instead of a small increase in the price next year, it will be a $50 increase on the price next year!
With a family of 5, then DLR will be out of our, as well as many other's budget.

Use the fast pass system the way it is (which is simple enough to use)...
Lest our AP's go up to astronimcal prices. If someone wants the unlimited FP, they can book a AAA package.:)

Skip the letter...

hazlnut
05-02-2003, 12:37 PM
But the sun... my delicate skin...

Okay, I'll fess up... ADHD big time. Not my son, ME.

I guess the Disney fastpass setup is better than the deal at the Six flags parks. You gotta pay for it. $20 for a card with four (or maybe 8) express-line tix. Good for one person anytime, any line.

Here's an idea. They used to do it at a place called the Magic Pyramid (kind of like the Magic Castle). When you first enter the park, they could have these ATM-type machines where you can go up, enter 3 or 4 big attractions that you really want to see, and then a card comes out with a nice little itinerary including reservation times spread out over day. Disney could also put a couple coupons and suggestions for shopping and eating. Just a way to keep the crowds circulating through the park in an orderly fashion.