PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks early [on Dec. 25]?

Malcon10t
12-25-2010, 07:26 PM
It is 825pm. Fireworks started 5 mins ago. They weren't scheduled until 840p. Interesting.... Anyone in the parks hear any announcements?

potzbie
12-25-2010, 08:42 PM
It is 825pm. Fireworks started 5 mins ago. They weren't scheduled until 840p. Interesting.... Anyone in the parks hear any announcements?

Hypothesis:
I am at home, 30 miles away, north of DL. I woke up from a nap at 8:55 pm and could hear rain. So, a storm front of some kind is present in Southern California.
So perhaps DL deliberately pushed the start time of the fireworks to beat a weather front.
Just a guess.

I was at DL today (Christmas Day) from near-opening (8:15 a.m.) to 1:30 pm. Ground was wet. Seats (Main St. benches) were wet.
Driving to DL on the 605 and 5 Freeways at 7:30 a.m. was foggy. And, due to the fog, it was colder than a typical Saturday morning.

Mini-trip report:
• I saw the "Reindeer Roundup" for the first time. :)
• Had breakfast in the Riverbelle Terrace for the first time in years. :)
• Long queues for rides were plainly visible at 9:00 a.m. :(
• Quick peek at the "Tangled" (Repunzel) photo-op in Fantasyland. ;)
• And, best of all, the Billy Hill & The Hillbillies "A Team" was at the Golden Horseshoe. (Pre-show, I snacked on chili fries and a rootbeer float, which was 100% contrary to my diet. :eek: Because I haven't had chili fries and a rootbeer float in a long time. And I had never been to DL on Christmas day before. :fez: )

Malcon10t
12-26-2010, 08:38 AM
I had figured that was probably it, was just curious if they announced it.

stan4d_steph
12-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I had figured that was probably it, was just curious if they announced it.I saw a tweet from someone I follow that was given a hint that they might do that due to weather. He was told as he was checking in for the Fantasmic dessert seating.

animal24
12-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I was staying at the hilton, and we got tired, and decided to stay the rest of the night inside. When i saw the fireworks going off i also saw rain making ripples in the parking lot.