PDA

View Full Version : Shopper's pass into DL?

skeleton@thewheel
04-30-2003, 09:54 AM
does anyone know if DL allows you to enter to shop only ?

I purchased a Mickey Mouse watch on Main Street and wanted to get it repaired without having to buy a passport....

anyone know if this is possible?

Lani
04-30-2003, 10:07 AM
This sounds vaguely familiar. I think they used to do this. The person to ask would be Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix -- I think she's the one that had the info at one point.

innerSpaceman
04-30-2003, 10:12 AM
I believe this has truly been discontinued. Too many people (including some folks I know) found a way to scam very cheap admissions into the Park for large groups of people using the shopping pass.

experiment626
04-30-2003, 10:39 AM
You may be able to take it to the newstand outside the gate. I know I once bought a shirt and accidently grabbed the wrong size, they were able to exchange it for me at the newstand, though the shop was in tomorrowland.

skeleton@thewheel
04-30-2003, 10:44 AM
thanks for the info everyone.... :D

Morrigoon
04-30-2003, 10:52 AM
WB skeleton@thewheel, haven't seen you post in a while!

AVP
04-30-2003, 01:01 PM
As of last week, the Shopping Pass was still available. You need only to inquire at the Newstand. I saw a memo there about it, and was pretty surprised that they still did it. However, I do believe that they prefer to send for the item you want, rather than go through the whole Shopping Pass mess.

AVP

MonorailMan
04-30-2003, 04:08 PM
If you do get a Shopping Pass, you need to surrender your ID and a Credit Card. THat way, if your over your 60 min., you pay for the day. :)

tod
04-30-2003, 09:46 PM
I had to get one the other day -- I needed a Mickey Mouse hat with ears, and there weren't any at World of Disney -- and the procedure is very simple.

1. Go to Group Sales (Just West of the Disneyland entrance gates)

2. Fork over a credit card.

3. Sign the charge.

4. Take your ticket, run into the park, do your shopping. Come back in an hour, or you will be charged a one-day admission. You already signed for it.

5. Go back, purchases in hand. Show receipts.

6. GET SIGNED CHARGE BACK AND TEAR IT INTO TINY BITS.

I walked up with just hope in my heart that such a thing was possible and got FOUR one-hour passes so my wife and kids didn't have to wait outside. (The kids did not shop. Don't tell Disney.)

--T

tabacco
04-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Just as a note, the sign no longer reads "Group Sales." It's now "Guest Services."

Nigel2
04-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Hmmmm... do they still do watch repairs at Disneyland? I remember someone complaining about how they don't do it anymore but that may have been at WDW.

skeleton@thewheel
05-01-2003, 06:42 AM
WB skeleton@thewheel, haven't seen you post in a while!
thanks Morrigoon! er, I was lost at sea......;)

As of last week, the Shopping Pass was still available. You need only to inquire at the Newstand.
thanks AVP at Tod too!

Hmmmm... do they still do watch repairs at Disneyland? I remember someone complaining about how they don't do it anymore but that may have been at WDW.

oh-oh, I hope they do.... I bought my first MM watch there at New Century Timepieces a few years ago and have recently lost the button that activates the indiglo.... I've never seen the watch anywhere else...

are there any CM's or fans like us that know if they do repairs there??

:confused:

tod
05-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by skeleton@thewheel
are there any CM's or fans like us that know if they do repairs [at New Century Timepieces]??

Call the main Disneyland switchboard at 714 781 4000 and ask for "the clock shop on Main Street."

When you get through to them, ask.

--T
a bit chagrined over that Guest Services thing
but only a bit

skeleton@thewheel
05-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Call the main Disneyland switchboard at 714 781 4000 and ask for "the clock shop on Main Street."

THANK YOU TOD!

I'll be calling them today.

Tigertail777
05-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Not sure I will be doing this anytime soon, but it will be nice to know nevertheless: if you dont have a credit card, can you have them hold the cash equivalent of a day ticket, and do the same thing?

Nigel2
05-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by skeleton@thewheel

oh-oh, I hope they do.... I bought my first MM watch there at New Century Timepieces a few years ago and have recently lost the button that activates the indiglo.... I've never seen the watch anywhere else...

Well unless it's one of the art watches they make onsite they probably won't be able to fix it since those watches are made in...whatever country is on the back.

Heck, if it's just a button like that I say save the gas money and go to a watch shop.

TerryTiger
05-01-2003, 10:04 PM
I doubt they do repairs - I took a Disneyland exclusive watch back there when the battery died and they wouldn't even replace a watch battery. I had to take it to a regular watch shop in the mall.

Nigel2
05-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Could you just imagine how much they would charge you for a battery there? :~D

I am lucky there is this watch shop in a small strip mall near our house and he does watch bateries for like 6 dollars and always has cupons. And no they aren't cheap bateires, they last just as long as any other type.

iAmJacksDLand
05-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Is there a minimum amount of merchandise you have to purchase. And what if you're late for the hour? Do they have this at California Adventure as well?

Thanks for the help.

Pirate Girl
05-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah? Do they have this for DCA? Because I am going to Disneyland with friends and they are only paying for Disneyland, but they want to shop at Off the Page. What if you don't have a credit card? Can you like, leave small children or valubles with them? Or the cash for a ticket?

goofey
05-26-2003, 11:32 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, the 60-minute shopping pass is good for either park. If the Guest Services window is closed you can get the pass from the ticket booth that stays open (i forget the number - it's the one closest to the Guest Services window). I don't believe there is a minimum purchase...as long as you show them a receipt for your purchase inside the park, they won't charge you. I don't know that they accept cash deposits, but I'm almost positive they won't accept your children or valuables.

Some of the early posts on this thread mentioned going to the Newsstand. The Newsstand no longer runs to stores to exchange or sell merchandise to guests that don't have admission into the park. Exceptions are made, but I'll spare you guys the reasons why. These days the Newsstand will typically send guests to get a shopping pass if they know what they're looking for and what shop they're going to, and will call locations if the guest doesn't know what they're looking for before sending the guest to get a shopping pass.

Pirate Girl
05-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by goofey
If my memory serves me correctly, the 60-minute shopping pass is good for either park. If the Guest Services window is closed you can get the pass from the ticket booth that stays open (i forget the number - it's the one closest to the Guest Services window). I don't believe there is a minimum purchase...as long as you show them a receipt for your purchase inside the park, they won't charge you. I don't know that they accept cash deposits, but I'm almost positive they won't accept your children or valuables.

I was kidding about the whole children and valubles thing. But I was serious about cash. Or a check?

Pirate Girl
06-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Tried the shopping pass thing last weekend. You can get them from the newsstand or the ticket booths. We got ours from the ticket booth. The CM's were really helpful. People don't use shopping passes much so the first CM had to call a supervisor. But they'll let you use any method to pay-we used cash. And they didn't make us show them receipts or anything when we got our money back, even though we offered. They write the time you have to be back on the ticket and then you just give that back to the CM at the ticket booth when you come back out. It was really simple.

AVP
06-11-2003, 06:48 PM
I also had reason to get a Shopper's Pass last week, (long story involving an annual pass, a scanner, and a wedding).

Anyway, they issued the pass, but apparently they are only valid for 60 minutes. ( I thought it was 90) Better shop fast!

AVP