PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Reason Disneyland is in Decline!

smd4
04-30-2003, 07:44 AM
I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out! We all know that in many repects, Disneyland is declining: In quality, show, details, magic. Tomorrowland is empty. Pooh has invaded. Main Street is closing early.

It all leads to one conclusion: By making Disneyland worse, they will, in effect, drive more folks to DCA!

It all makes perfect sense now. Instead of raising DCA's standards to Disneyland levels, it's much easier (and cheaper) to lower Disneyland's standards to match DCA's.

You know, I never gave those Disney suits much credit--untill now.

Toady The Eighth
04-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Pooh is a good ride for what it is. Your standard Fantasyland-like dark ride. Nobody expected it to measure up to POTC. I liked it a lot, and I saw a lot of kids on it who liked it too.

As for Disneyland losing it's magic, I don't think that DCA is even comparable to Disneyland in magic, quality, or standards. And Disneyland's Magic would still be there for me, even if they closed down Tomorrowland, Critter Country, AND Adventureland.

As long as I can go to the Blue Ribbon Bakery, walk down Mainstreet in the morning, and ride Mr. Toad and Peter Pan, I'm feeling the magic.

smd4
04-30-2003, 08:12 AM
I don't think that DCA is even comparable to Disneyland in magic, quality, or standards.
That's what I said! Disneyland's standards are being lowered so DCA looks better!

smd4
04-30-2003, 08:14 AM
And another thing:
Pooh is a good ride for what it is.
I wonder if ANYONE ever said this about POTC, or HM, or SM. "Gosh, Pirates is a good ride for what it is--your standard tunnel-of-love boat ride."

Toady The Eighth
04-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by smd4
That's what I said! Disneyland's standards are being lowered so DCA looks better!

Right.. and I'm saying that I don't think Disneyland's standards are being lowered to anything close to as low as DCA's.

Toady The Eighth
04-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by smd4
And another thing:
I wonder if ANYONE ever said this about POTC, or HM, or SM. "Gosh, Pirates is a good ride for what it is--your standard tunnel-of-love boat ride."

I love Pinochio, Snow White, and yes, The Casey Jr. Circus Train... They are nostalgic for me, and that's why I like them. Are they the same kind of attraction as POTC or Indy? No, not in my opinion.

hazlnut
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
The REAL reason:

Michael Eisner's total pay rose 498 percent while Disney's total return dropped 19 percent.

In fact, after he failed to clear his bonus hurdle two years running, the board lowered the performance bar, and he finally cleared it for and extra $5 million.

That's on top of his $122 million in salary!

...and they're still manufacturing merchandise in sweatshops.