PDA

View Full Version : Idea: New eatery at DCA

wonderful
04-29-2003, 11:19 PM
The nay sayers aside, it appears that DCA is picking up some crowds and maybe, just maybe the powers that be will concieve a new eatery to replace the four or five that have shuttered, especially in Hollywood where the only food to be had is a hot dog...
What would you build? Would it be a family style place (like Ariel's) or a show style place (like Horseshoe) or a food court (like the old Hollywood and Dine)?
I would vote for a family place. Characters are always a winner and families need more than one place in a park to get together. I would LOVE for such a place to be Muppet themed, but it might be nice to somehow get Princesses into the park by ways of, I don't know, a restaurant that somehow compliments animated films. I think character experiences are definately worth investing in since kids and adults alike seem to enjoy them so much.
Anyway, i'd like to see what anyone else might be thinkin.

Polar33
04-29-2003, 11:54 PM
I've had an idea running around in my head for quite some time about how fun it would be if there were a "House of Mouse" style restaraunt somewhere at the resort. You would have a great sit-down restaraunt, a fun atmosphere, cartoons, and a stage show that would suit guests of all ages. You could even have a few different shows to run through at random to encourage people to return.

My first choice of location though was Toontown, but after realising that it would be logisticaly difficult (ie: lack of backstage space and reduced dinnertime hours due to "Believe..."). However, putting it in the old Hollywood and Dine location would definately increase the traffic to that corner. It would be great to have a sit-down family dining facility somewhere in the parks.

Rallymonkey23
04-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by wonderful
What would you build? Would it be a family style place (like Ariel's) or a show style place (like Horseshoe)

I was thinking of Big Thunder BBQ. Sure it wouldnt be the same thing as Disneyland. But it would fit into the Hollywood backlot theme. They could have a Wild West stage show. Possibly to fit some old Wild West movies somehow? You have to admit. In the HPBL they have 'animation' (Animation Building), 'Live action 3-D' (Muppetvision), 'Live action' (Play House Disney), 'Game show' (WWTBAM:PI), and a "Broadway show" Aladdin.

Comming soon is a "horror ride", TOT. So why not a 'Western' themed part of the HPB?

hbquikcomjamesl
04-30-2003, 07:35 AM
Some sort of comfort-food buffeteria. Plain and simple. Minimal fuss and expense for a relaxing sit-down meal.

cstephens
04-30-2003, 11:41 AM
The executives at DCA have shown a complete inability to take care of any eating establishments, so until they can show that they can play nicely with their restaurants, I don't think they should be allowed to have any more.

So very sad to see what they've done with my nice Soap Opera Bistro.

JeffG
04-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
The executives at DCA have shown a complete inability to take care of any eating establishments, so until they can show that they can play nicely with their restaurants, I don't think they should be allowed to have any more.

I'd go a step further and expand that view to both parks. On my last visit to DLR, I happened to walk down Big Thunder Trail and recall feeling momentarily depressed as I passed by the still intact but unused Big Thunder BBQ...

-Jeff

CrayZforDisney
05-24-2003, 03:45 PM
They are actually thinking about constructing a Sci- Fi Drive In Theater restaurant where the old Hollywood and Dine used to be.

Not Afraid
05-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
They are actually thinking about constructing a Sci- Fi Drive In Theater restaurant where the old Hollywood and Dine used to be.

How cool would that be? Flubber was telling me about an establishment similar to this in another park. The tables are booths that are designed to look like vehicles. H&D is already a large Dark space. It would be perfect for a dining/drive-in establishment. I'd go!

CrayZforDisney
05-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
How cool would that be? Flubber was telling me about an establishment similar to this in another park. The tables are booths that are designed to look like vehicles. H&D is already a large kark space. It would be perfect for a dining/drive-in establishment. I'd go!

Yes, it is also at MGM Studios at Walt Disney World.

DivaPrincess
05-24-2003, 11:58 PM
I vote for the Princesses or House of Mouse. Something uniquely Disney.