PDA

View Full Version : Throwing things in HM

Pages : [1] 2

adrian102
04-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Last week I was in Disneyland and went on the HM by my self and another man around in his mid 30's git in with me. I didn't really mind at the time. Then when we got to the seance with the crystal ball he threw something I think was a peice of paper at the table and it fell and hit the floor.

I thought this was rude and should of said something to a CM about it but didn't. Just wondering, has anyone seen someone do this and is this like some tradition that people do to make their "mark"?

Polar33
04-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Sounds like littering to me. Atleast he wasn't tossing out ashes.

justagrrl
04-30-2003, 07:02 AM
How odd that a stranger would ride with you... and then go and do something like that. :rolleyes:

tabacco
04-30-2003, 07:19 AM
I've had a random stranger hop into a doom buggy wth me too. It's kind of awkward.

Morrigoon
04-30-2003, 10:42 AM
When you get in, don't slide to the right, problem solved!

Lani
04-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
When you get in, don't slide to the right, problem solved! My thoughts exactly! what if the guy gets his jollies from sitting real close to you or even touching you? Ewwww!

innerSpaceman
04-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Heck, I would have reported it to a CM if the guy even got in the doombuggy with me!

If some total stranger were to throw something at an attraction scene in my presence, I would make unmistakable "mention" of it both to the stranger, then to a CM.

cstephens
04-30-2003, 11:44 AM
I can't imagine a total stranger getting into a doom buggy with me. On one occasion, someone I wasn't too particularly fond of got in a doom buggy with me and my then-SO, and I was definitely not happy about that.

Lani
04-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
On one occasion, someone I wasn't too particularly fond of got in a doom buggy with me and my then-SO, and I was definitely not happy about that. Wow, that must have made a tight fit! I mean... those doom buggies are roomy for two, but definitely squishy for three! :eek:

innerSpaceman
04-30-2003, 12:28 PM
On one occasion, someone I wasn't too particularly fond of got in a doom buggy with me and my then-SO, and I was definitely not happy about that.
Okay, that would upset me way more if a stranger (or even not-a-stranger) got into a doombuggy with me and my S.O.

Haunted Mansion's the only make-out ride left in the Park!

RStar
04-30-2003, 12:41 PM
I see people throwing stuff, mainly coins, in the queues mostly. Like in Snow white, in the laboratory where the old hag is mixing up her potion. Everyone is trying to amuse themselves by making it in the items on the table. But on the ride it's self, shamefull.......

cstephens
04-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Lani
Wow, that must have made a tight fit! I mean... those doom buggies are roomy for two, but definitely squishy for three! :eek:

Yes, it was, especially considering the third person was a larger person, so as much as I tried to sit away from him and not have to touch him, it was pretty much impossible. On occasion, I've chosen to ride in a doom buggy with two other people, but it's always been people that I don't mind being THISCLOSE to.

Not a fun ride, nosirreebob.

Andrew
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
On one occasion, someone I wasn't too particularly fond of got in a doom buggy with me and my then-SO, and I was definitely not happy about that.

This is the exact instance that came to mind when I read the OP. You've got to admit, at least it gave you a funny-omigod-type story... :rolleyes:

Ace
04-30-2003, 08:13 PM
It makes sense on some levels since Doombuggies only come around every half-hour or so. Why not share?

But seriously, if someone got in with me and I was alone I would be really uncomfortable. Unless it was a she of about my age. But that's another thread...;)

MonorailMan
04-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Getting in a biggy with a stranger would be weird. Unless that stranger was a Padder. Well, I guess that wouldn't be a stranger then. :fez:

refurbmike
05-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Tell me this isn't weird. I've had someone get in my DB during the actual ride. He just popped in and actually hitch-hiked with us!!! My SO even told me he followed me home, but I couldn't see him once when left the ride.

I've seen him now and then hanging around the Mansion. Talk about creepy.

:eek:

hbquikcomjamesl
05-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Tell me this isn't weird. I've had someone get in my DB during the actual ride. He just popped in and actually hitch-hiked with us!!! My SO even told me he followed me home, but I couldn't see him once when left the ride.

Tell me:

1. Was the individual in question dead?

2. Was he grateful?

refurbmike
05-01-2003, 03:15 PM
"1. Was the individual in question dead?"

I don't like talking about people behind their fleshless backs.

"2. Was he grateful?"

He didn't say 'thank you', a usual sign of someone's gratitude.

:D

Toady The Eighth
05-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by refurbmike

:eek:

Okay, that's just freaky. Some people are a little too morbid and have a little too much time on their hands. The HM freaks me out as it is. I hate the "I DO" scene with the bride.

I got so freaked out by this on my recent trip, after riding the HM about 5 times the first few days that I couldn't step foot in there the last few days of my trip!:eek:

miss bianca
05-01-2003, 04:56 PM
what is an S.O. ?

Stupid Ostrich?
Step Orphan?
Staw Orchid?

help me out - my mind hurts from trying to figure it out! ;)

cstephens
05-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
what is an S.O. ?

Significant Other, e.g., boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse.

Learned the term on soc.singles ages ago.

Oh, and I've added the term to my acronyms page. :)

(wondering if anyone else has started to write "April" several times today and yesterday when writing the date)

Darkbeer
05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey, I got confused when I saw DB....

I don't think I have ever had the chance to sit next to RefurbMike.....:fez:

smd4
05-02-2003, 07:50 AM
Okay, that's just freaky. Some people are a little too morbid and have a little too much time on their hands.

Shannon,

Just a guess, but I think refurbmike was making a very dry witicism about one of the hitch hiking ghosts, not an actual person

Toady The Eighth
05-02-2003, 07:55 AM
:D Hmmm! Now I feel dumb!!!:D

Seriously though, that ride creeps me out now.

refurbmike
05-02-2003, 01:13 PM
smd4: You mean he wasn't real??? :eek:

and DarkBeer: You can sit next to me any time you want! ;)