PDA

View Full Version : Have you visited this week?

shila
04-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone, I'm very excited because I'm headin over to DL tomorrow but has anyone gone this week and if so how were the crowds?

Also I coulf of sworn there was a trip report for DL on this site but when I search they only have old ones in the archive, anyone know how to get to the recent one?

Thanks

Nigel2
04-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Well I was there Monday. It was ok, the outside wait to get in just made it look more crowded.

Polar33
04-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Well...I've been there for the past few days ;) and can tell you that the crowds are dissipating. It's certainly not busy, but I wouldn't say that it's slow either. It's certainly way better than last week! Have fun tomorrow!

Morrigoon
04-29-2003, 11:48 PM
boy, I thought it was pretty darn busy sunday...

Nigel2
04-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Well that is also a weekend so that will build up more people. But there may be a few schools off right now.

amismo
04-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Saturday was NASTY!
Sun and Monday were much better.

melrose2000
04-30-2003, 11:35 AM
I was there on Tuesday -- it was the emptiest I've seen it in years. It was great! But 2 big E-tickets were not up -- Space Mountain and Pirates. 5 minute wait for Haunted, NO LINE for BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN, 25 minutes for Pooh. It was great.

SteveK
05-02-2003, 10:31 AM
I went last night (Thursday) and it was pretty crowded. I did not think It would be that bad based on what people were saying about other days this week but it was very congested in alot of areas...really bad in front of Indy/Jungle Cruise and near From HM to Pooh. Splash Mountain was well over 1 hour wait and Pooh was around 55 minutes. Most other major rides were 30 minutes plus.

shila
05-02-2003, 10:45 AM
yeah wensday was pretty steady and I agree VERY congested around HM and Pooh (which I enjoyed by the way).

I manged to skip out on the long lines uses the Fast Passes throughout the day and the less popular attractions had little waits throughout the day so it worked out and I did everything.

Also I usually am late and its hard to get out of the house and thorugh LA traffic to make it to DL for the opening but I managed to do so and was thrilled at how empty the park was for the first hour or so.

by 10:45 I had already done Mattahorn, Splash, HM, and Indy, talk about a good time, haha

melrose2000
05-02-2003, 01:23 PM
As I said, on Tuesday it was very sparse -- 5 minutes for Haunted Mansion, but there was a lot of traffic. I don't know why...possibly just checking out the new Pooh ride...don't know. But all of the other parts of the park were pretty empty. Tomorrowland = Ghost Town...it's really sad.

Polar33
05-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SteveK
really bad in front of Indy/Jungle Cruise and near From HM to Pooh.

Adventureland is always crowded, with two major attractions in Critter Country now I don't forsee it getting any less conjested in the near future.

This week has been pretty average for a typical off-season day. Not too slow, not too busy...it's a good balance.

mcampisi
05-03-2003, 08:07 PM
My wife and I are taking an employee and his daughter there tomorrow and I'm hoping the storms will help keep some of the crowds away. He always seems to have bad luck when he's gone with friends or by himself, so I figured we better fix that problem.

melrose2000
05-03-2003, 09:19 PM
I know that the thought is that bad weather usually keeps crowds away, but in the past year i went one day when it was VERY COLD and stormy -- tons of people at the park...it was actually the most crowded I could ever remember it. It was sort of odd.

mcampisi
05-03-2003, 09:28 PM
The funny thing about the rainy day logic is you also have to figure that you aren't the only person with that idea, so if a lot of people think it will be empty and go, just as many people (if not more) will be there!