PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Hilton

joy68
04-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Did anyone ever stay there or know anything about it?????
My husband has a convention there so we really didn't get to choose where to stay. We were quoted a rate of 140.00 per night for room and 160.00 for the towers which includes a concierge and lounge with continental breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day.

MegaDuck
04-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Stayed there many times (even though I am local to the area.) Numerous conventions are held at the Anaheim Hilton. It is right across the street from DLR and has transportation shuttles to and from Disneyland on a regular basis. It is a large hotel (one of the largest Hilton's that exist).

The format of the hotel is a little bit wierd when you get up into the towers. It's one of those hotels where you might have to walk a long ways from the elevator to get to your room. If possible, I would recommend you try to get one of the tower rooms facing DCA (the one's with the patio are very nice). From the patio at night, you are able to relax and enjoy the skyline of DCA and the fireworks in the distance.

The hotel has all the amenities and nice fountain in the main lobby surrounded by at least 2 bars and a restaurant. From the Hilton, you are also within walking distance of a lot of area restaurants on Harbor Blvd.

mad4mky
04-29-2003, 12:19 PM
I too have stayed there several times.

It's nice. The elevators are the slowest on earth...And when the place is crowded with conventioneers...you will be standing there a long time to get up to your rooms. In fact, at times, it's tough even getting to the elevators, as hotel guests/conventioneers tend to block the whole area.

But, for convience and close to DL, if you like the Hilton chain. it's ok. Perfect place to stay if you are in town for a convention. :D

adriennek
04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I've stayed there for conventions and I much prefer the Marriott that is directly across the street.

The Marriott rooms are much nicer- bigger, nice comforters on the bed, etc. Over the years the Marriott's service has been consistantly better than the Hilton's. There have been times at the Hilton where we've seen people be bumped to other hotels because they overbook and they overbook by a lot. Sometimes this isn't too bad. When it happened to us we were bumped to the Marriott and we were much happier (We had wanted ressies at the Marriott but they were booked when we tried to get them!!) Other times we've seen people be bumped to hotels a couple miles away with shuttle service. Well, shuttle service is fine and all, but the whole reason we book at the Hilton/Marriott is to be right there for our conventions.

I know of two occasions where the Anaheim Hilton overcharged people- once it was my mom (who was paying for our room,) and once it was my friend (and I was staying in her room.) They didn't make it easy to fix the situation.

The Marriott may not be able to match the price you have for Hilton concierge, but usually the Marriott's been less expensive for the conventions we've attended.

Here's (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=5527) another thread about the Hilton.

Adrienne

slaakker
04-29-2003, 06:25 PM
We stayed there a month ago for the first time. I don't want to be too negative but, we hated it. It was crowded and like stated before, the elevators are terrible. A few other things we did not like...

You have to pay extra for the shuttle and it is not a direct shuttle.

If you don't valet, you have to carry your bags all the way to your room. No Bell Hop service in the back where the parking is.

Parking is 11 dollars a day extra.

Service was just O.K. however our room was pretty nice. It overlooked DCA and nice to watch the fireworks from.

I shouldn't complain too much though. We got the rooms for 50.00/night off of priceline.com.

If you have a choice, I always recommend Candy Cane Inn across the street. Cheaper, better breakfast, free direct shuttle, and parking right outside your room that you don't have to pay extra for.

adriennek
04-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by slaakker
If you have a choice, I always recommend Candy Cane Inn across the street. Cheaper, better breakfast, free direct shuttle, and parking right outside your room that you don't have to pay extra for.

There are times I stay in Best Western style motels and times I stay in Marriott/Hilton style hotels. If the OP is planning on a concierge level and budget hotel, I would stick with the Convention Way properties over the Harbor motels.

Adrienne