PDA

View Full Version : What to do!? [Lost AP]

DonaldDuck14
04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
i lost my beloved annual pass....do i just call them and let them know? and i heard there is a fee, how much is that? is there anyway to avoid that fee even though it didn't get stolen. thanx for any advice that's given.

tabacco
04-28-2003, 05:02 PM
It's $20 to replace a lost AP. The only way you can get a replacement without the fee is if you have a police report saying it was stolen. To get a replacement, just go to the Guest Services office to the left of the Disneyland main entrance. They'll collect the fee and print up a new card for you, no need for a new photo.

MegaDuck
04-28-2003, 05:24 PM
On the MousePlanet page it says that you get one "freebie" each pass Year. Is this still the case?

Also it lists it as $25 replacement fee if you lose it again.

Not sure,

MegaDuck
*quack*

mikala
04-28-2003, 06:40 PM
The "Freebie" as you refer to it, is a free visit. I left my pass at home (Las Vegas) in April. We were there for 4 days. They qualify one visit, no matter the length as a freebie. The only thing is they give you the complimentary park hopper pass, one each day. You have to go back to the guest relations window each day of your visit. They do charge $25 for a replacement. I think I did lose ours, but luckily they expire in May, so I used our freebie visit, and will renew them next week. Good luck.:)

DisneyFan25863
04-28-2003, 07:21 PM
I really love their pricing plans. $25 for a .99 cent card. Yep, that makes sense:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, wait, I forgot we were talking about Disney:rolleyes: ;) :D

Klutch
04-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I really love their pricing plans. $25 for a .99 cent card. Yep, that makes sense:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, wait, I forgot we were talking about Disney:rolleyes: ;) :D

While I agree the Walt Disney company has been running things on the cheap, the fee is there to discourage people from losing their pass. It's not there to make money. Just about every organization that issues a pass or ID card has a similar policy. My son, for example, recently lost his school ID. He had to pony up 25$ to get another one. I used to get a season pass for Busch Gardens, Williamsburg every year; same policy.

If the fee was 99 cents, many people would be very careless about the pass, or simply get another every time they couldn't find the original. Public libraries, who typically charge little or nothing to replace a lost card, have a BIG problem with this.

Alright, I think I've overstated my case. :)

HBTiggerFan
04-28-2003, 07:43 PM
If you ask really nice, and don't act like you expect them to give you a free replacement they may give you one.

Klutch
04-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey, good idea! It's similar to when I used to get free upgrades to First Class because I was polite to the airline clerks in very bad situations while many of my fellow travelers were freaking out.

Lani
04-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
If you ask really nice, and don't act like you expect them to give you a free replacement they may give you one. I believe it's free for your first time. They do record this loss in your records, so the next time you lose it, they charge you.

experiment626
04-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I just got my AP and the paper they gave me with the discounts listed stated that there is a $20 fee for lost cards and to give them a call IMMEDIATELY upon realizing you lost it.

tabacco
04-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Please don't expect a freebie. It most likely won't happen. You get one courtesy pass in case you leave your pass at home, but it's good for one day only, not as a pass replacement.

DJ_MENTOS
04-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Now, my question is this:

(In theory, of course) Could someone get a courtesy pass, and then give it to a friend? Or does it have your name on it?

-DJ_MENTOS

tabacco
04-29-2003, 12:07 PM
It has your name and pass number on it. You're supposed to show photo ID when you present it at the gate.

Just as a note, giving your pass (or any pass substitutes like the one-day courtesy pass or a lost pass certificate) to someone else is one of the quickest and most sure-fire ways to get your pass voided.

DisneyFan25863
04-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Klutch
My son, for example, recently lost his school ID. He had to pony up 25$ to get another one.

$25! :eek: :eek:

Wow! Ours is only $5! :eek:

rexfarms
04-29-2003, 09:58 PM
I saw at DCA two young men give they APs to people outside the gate, they gave it though the fence on the far bathroom side. I was shocked to see that their "friends" got in no problem.
I protect my AP like my life. :)