PDA

View Full Version : Parkhopping and AP's

amynicole22
08-07-2001, 08:20 AM
I have a question for those of you in the know -

Can you park hop with a Deluxe 2-Park AP? I remember reading somewhere that you could only park hop with a Premium 2-Park AP - but that was a while ago.

Debating AP options now that I have the dinero to purchase one again...love that tax rebate!

Thanks all!

Ralph Wiggum
08-07-2001, 08:51 AM
You can do it with both!

amynicole22
08-07-2001, 08:59 AM
Thanks Ralph!!! The Deluxe it is!

Darkbeer
08-07-2001, 11:38 AM
Actually, ANY two-park pass let's you park hop, on the days it's valid. You can upgrade and pay $25 on a blockout day, and you are allowed to park hop, if you have a 2-park pass.

Napsto
08-07-2001, 11:53 AM
thats intresting darkbeer. for all 2 park passholders, which park do you go to first

Ralph Wiggum
08-07-2001, 11:54 AM
Usually i go to DCA first because it closes earlier!!

Flubber
08-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
thats intresting darkbeer. for all 2 park passholders, which park do you go to first

If I get there in the morning, Disneyland (breakfast at the River Belle Terrace). Afternoon is DCA (chili burger at Taste Pilots Grill is tasty and why oh why is my answer based on food?). Afternoons are also DCA because of what Ralph said....

Flub

CTB21
08-07-2001, 06:05 PM
I think the type of AP you buy depends on your needs;

The premium Two park pass is $299 if you have the Disney Club its $289 the deluxe two park AP is $199 no discount.

Take the Premium pass for example, if you need to add parking to the deluxe pass it would add $35 to $199 =$234 The premium AP comes with parking.

The price difference after parking would be $65

You get the Disney magazine with the premium pass.Lets say that's worth $15.

That makes the difference about $50

If you plan on spending more than $500 in a year on Disneyland merchandise than the premium AP is a better value because you would save 10% on all purchases over $10 with the premium AP.

We have one premium and one deluxe AP because we only need on parking pass and one that gets a 10% discount the total cost was $488 with the Disney club.

amynicole22
08-08-2001, 10:18 AM
I had the premium DL AP for two years before DCA opened, and I didn't get much use out of the "premium features" other than the free parking. I don't spend anywhere near $500 a year on merchandise (more like $100). As for the Disney magazine - it gets a cursory glance and a spot on the coffee table where it gathers dust. I do like the looks of it, very glossy and good pictures, but it basically amounts to paying for four marketing brochures.

If DBF and I get Deluxe passes with one parking pass, it works out to $433, approx $216 pp, more affordable than $300 pp (no Disney Club in our house).

The park hopping feature was the key determinant, as I'm not about to be forced to spend an entire day at DCA. Since now I know that park hopping is good for any two-park pass, I'm going for the mid-range AP.

If I was an avid shopper - I would definitely get the premium pass for the reasons you described. Unfortunately - I haven't seen much that I wanted to buy lately.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Napsto

I typically visit DCA first, to catch BLAST!, unless, of course, I arrive early in the morning, in which case Disneyland is the place to be.

SteveCJB2001
03-01-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by CTB21
I think the type of AP you buy depends on your needs;

The premium Two park pass is $299 if you have the Disney Club its $289 the deluxe two park AP is $199 no discount.

Take the Premium pass for example, if you need to add parking to the deluxe pass it would add $35 to $199 =$234 The premium AP comes with parking.

The price difference after parking would be $65

You get the Disney magazine with the premium pass.Lets say that's worth $15.

That makes the difference about $50

If you plan on spending more than $500 in a year on Disneyland merchandise than the premium AP is a better value because you would save 10% on all purchases over $10 with the premium AP.

We have one premium and one deluxe AP because we only need on parking pass and one that gets a 10% discount the total cost was $488 with the Disney club.

Actually in I believe it was november and december, the price of AP's were dropped when they changed everything to a 2-park AP. 2-park Premium is $199, 2-park deluxe is $149, and 2-park SoCal is $99. Parking can be added for $35 for deluxe and SoCal and ya everything is pretty much as it was before.

Ghoulish Delight
03-01-2002, 09:38 AM
I tend to head over DL side between like 11:30 and 1:00. Just because of what Flubber pointed out. If nothing else, DCA has great food. Take a look at the entrance plaza in the middle of the day, and again around dinner time. These are the only times when the line to get into DCA is LONGER than for DL. Why? Everyone's crossing over to eat! Takes a lot of the crowd outta DL, so it's a good time to be over there, if you don't mind eating a less amazing lunch.

HBTiggerFan
03-01-2002, 05:32 PM
The old prices for APs were listed in this thread so I thought I would correct them.

All APs are 2 park now. No choice.

Premium - $199
Deluxe - $149
So. Cal - $99